Republican Tax Philosophy

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
We've been getting Haas avocados at 50 cents each. I slice one up along with a cucumber and alfalfa sprouts and some blue cheese dressing - yum!
Mandela Effect. They're now and always have been Hass avocados. ;)

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
The problem is that it can't go on forever. No economy has ever pulled off perpetual expansion. When the crash comes, the government is supposed to borrow money heavily and drop interest rates. Well, guess what? We're doing that already, just as if we were in the middle of a recession. Now, who's hurt first and worst when a crash comes? The very people you're talking about, those who are living paycheck to paycheck, just to pay their light bills. Whenever Trump is asked about the downstream effects of some of the dumb experiments he's running, he answers with few non-lies he utters - "Well, I won't be here"...
Maybe UAH is onto something with his comments (post #876):

It is a complex topic to discuss. It is important however, to recognize that media, owned by corporations that live qtr. to qtr., government that exists to win the upcoming election, and Wall Street have vested interest in keeping the ball in the air. There are plenty of people out there who understand what is occurring and some who will bet against the herd as during the great recession. You will not see them on CNN or even CNBC but the information is out there if one seeks it.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Maybe UAH is onto something with his comments (post #876):
UAH is absolutely correct and has said nothing inconsistent with what I added. The problem is that the ball can't be kept in the air perpetually - never has been and never will be. From the earliest days when mankind started using pretty seashells as a medium of exchange, economies have always been cyclical. At my age, and being at least a little bit educated about economics, I've heard over and over this or that boom was permanent. Ha! It's always been wrong and this one is the most stupid and also cynical, I might add, of all. It's hard to be impressed by someone talking about economics with 4th grade English...

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
UAH is absolutely correct and has said nothing inconsistent with what I added. The problem is that the ball can't be kept in the air perpetually - never has been and never will be. From the earliest days when mankind started using pretty seashells as a medium of exchange, economies have always been cyclical. At my age, and being at least a little bit educated about economics, I've heard over and over this or that boom was permanent. Ha! It's always been wrong and this one is the most stupid and also cynical, I might add, of all. It's hard to be impressed by someone talking about economics with 4th grade English...
Glad you mentioned this about things being cyclic. I've always said to those complaining about Trump - that everything goes in cycles.

So just be patient and before you know it, we'll go in the other direction for a while. :wink:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Glad you mentioned this about things being cyclic. I've always said to those complaining about Trump - that everything goes in cycles.

So just be patient and before you know it, we'll go in the other direction for a while. :wink:
Not sure what exactly you mean. Do you mean that Trump is the bottom of a cycle?

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I prefer to think of it as a revolving cycle....north, south, east, and west.....and all points in between. On any given week! :D
Where were you 85 years ago to let people know that Germany was just in a normal revolving cycle & that people shouldn’t complain about the changes happening there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.