Republican Tax Philosophy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Its absurd and to think otherwise is absurd!
Not really, given that there have been drafts, that there has been a House version available for about a month, and that a conference committee and conference report are still part of the process.

Hopefully, the Dems are taking the time to become familiar with the current Senate version, but doing so would ruin their case for plausible deniability I guess.

Interestingly, somebody’s been reading the versions from both houses because we’ve had week upon week of detailed criticism.

Nevertheless, one can always find something to complain about I guess.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
You dont have to read the entire garbage bill to be aware of some egregious problems.:rolleyes:
Eh, anything that reduces the funds available to the federal government is a good bill. Much more needs to be handled at the local level rather than being handled in a one-size-fits-all manner at the federal level. There's nothing egregious about letting people keep more of their hard-earned money.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Eh, anything that reduces the funds available to the federal government is a good bill. Much more needs to be handled at the local level rather than being handled in a one-size-fits-all manner at the federal level. There's nothing egregious about letting people keep more of their hard-earned money.
AKA 'starve the beast'. Been proven over and over that it doesn't work. Just leads to larger deficit spending.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
You should be more specific next time.

Nevertheless, it's interesting that you condone Dem lies. Makes your current outrage seem rather...uh...disingenuous.
Never said I condoned them because you clearly don't know my posting history or how much I criticized Obama or the Dems.

Instead I was pointing out your pathetic defense of your team at the expense of any integrity or honesty. It's sad and amusing watching someone mentally and morally tie themselves in knots to convince themselves that it's ok for "their team" to act like steaming garbage just for a "win" over the "bad guys."

Whataboutism is pretty lazy for someone that supposedly appreciates intelligent conversation.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Never said I condoned them because you clearly don't know my posting history or how much I criticized Obama or the Dems.

Instead I was pointing out your pathetic defense of your team at the expense of any integrity or honesty. It's sad and amusing watching someone mentally and morally tie themselves in knots to convince themselves that it's ok for "their team" to act like steaming garbage just for a "win" over the "bad guys."

Whataboutism is pretty lazy for someone that supposedly appreciates intelligent conversation.
Tangled up I do not feel.

Nevertheless, glad to know you have insider knowledge of everything that has occurred. I'll take your word for it.

Out of curiosity, which presidential candidate did you vote for in 2012?

Last edited:

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
AKA 'starve the beast'. Been proven over and over that it doesn't work. Just leads to larger deficit spending.
The federal government certainly is a beast - a blood-sucking monster that acts as if you should appreciate its destructive ways. If starving it won't work it's because Congress spends too much. $4,000,000,000,000 in spending. $20,000,000,000,000 in deficits. Many times more than that in unfunded liabilities. Sadly, many people want to keep feeding the beast (and act as if it is a loyal dog existing only to protect them).

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Obviously.

Trump's Tax Promises Undercut by CEO Plans to Help Investors

Major companies including Cisco Systems Inc., Pfizer Inc. and Coca-Cola Co. say they’ll turn over most gains from proposed corporate tax cuts to their shareholders, undercutting President Donald Trump’s promise that his plan will create jobs and boost wages for the middle class.

The president has held fast to his pledge even as top executives’ comments have run counter to it for months. Instead of hiring more workers or raising their pay, many companies say they’ll first increase dividends or buy back their own shares.

Robert Bradway, chief executive of Amgen Inc., said in an Oct. 25 earnings call that the company has been “actively returning capital in the form of growing dividend and buyback and I’d expect us to continue that.” Executives including Coca-Cola CEO James Quincey, Pfizer Chief Financial Officer Frank D’Amelio and Cisco CFO Kelly Kramer have recently made similar statements.

“We’ll be able to get much more aggressive on the share buyback” after a tax cut, Kramer said in a Nov. 16 interview.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
LOL! Which "people" are you talking about keeping more of their "hard-earned" money. I bow to your expertise on the present bill. You must be referring to the estate tax...

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.