22 yr old OK HS teacher arrested for rape

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
One of the stories about Brett’s posts here mentioned a thread about a similar incident. He (and others) all made the typical guy comments.

The author said that meant he supported statutory rape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The real question is if an 18 yr old engages in consensual activity with a 22 yr old, is it statutory? Isn't the 18 yr old concerned a legal adult?

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
The real question is if an 18 yr old engages in consensual activity with a 22 yr old, is it statutory? Isn't the 18 yr old concerned a legal adult?
I think there is a law in Alabama regarding teacher/student sex even if the student is at the age of consent.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Let's be completely honest in 1984/85, if I was 18 and had a teacher like that (unwed) hit on me and offer up herself to me, you don't think I would have been all over that? Most of you would have as well. Consequences? You're the "stud" around school for nailing a hot teacher. There's nothing but win for the male student. Sorry, it's just the way it is.

In this case, her being married to the football coach (whom I was deathly afraid of) would have been a singular deterrent from me engaging in said activity.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
There are in most states now. I'm just stating that in general, 18 is excluded from "statutory rape. I think 17 is as well.
I’d have to dig it up, but I think the guy was 14 in the story they were referencing with Brett.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
One of the stories about Brett’s posts here mentioned a thread about a similar incident. He (and others) all made the typical guy comments.

The author said that meant he supported statutory rape.

Still waiting for prison rape to not be okay.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Am I the only one that can see the crazy oozing out of this one?
She appears in the danger zone (i.e. moderately high on the "Hot" axis and very high on the "crazy" axis of the hot-crazy matrix), "red heads, strippers, anyone named Tiffany."

Seriously, though, I continue to be befuddled by attractive women going after high school/minor guys. Is she really that hurting for male companionship or is this about power?

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I think in that case it represents an abuse of the teacher-student relationship. I just saw a case in Caberras County, North Carolina and that's what they got her one: abuse of the teacher-student relationship.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.