Alabama freshman DL suffers broken foot at Thursday practice (LaBryan Ray)

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Scanning the roster because of this injury, it is striking how young we will be on defense next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I recall that 2004 was a pretty rough year in terms of injuries. Croyle was lost early in the year and I think Spencer Pennington may have been out for some time and we ended up starting Marc Guillon a couple of games. Then we lost Ray Hudson and Tim Castille for the year.
Brandon Avalos also IIRC. Tough times.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Another injury on our Line. It's late in the season to burn a Redshirt,
but if we are to have a chance to go the distance we need to do it.
Our sidelines have resembled a MASH UNIT. Difference is that we don't have a comic relief. This has been a tough tough year.

Worse case scenario we would only have 3 more games this year. Best case runs us to the National Championship.
WE WILL DO WHAT WE HAVE TO DO...
I just hope the 'Next Man' is ready.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
These injuries are crazy and are making me mad. We need all the depth we can get v Auburn and whoever we play after that. I wonder why injuries have been so bad this year. I know Cochran has a great conditioning program but hopefully he isn’t overworking the players. Sometimes injury process starts slowly and then it builds up, then happens in a full speed practice or game. At least that’s what my PT says and I agree with him as far as my injury goes.

I sure hope we stay injury free from here on out but the trend isn’t looking good. It would be great to make it to the playoffs at least.
This is bad luck and nothing else. Not many ACLs and other things you can mitigate with good S&C. Fluky upper body and foot injuries.

rtrbama1

1st Team
May 31, 2015
Maybe a bigger role for Quinnen as well. He's looked good.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He sure has. We've still got a lot of quality guys on the DL: Payne, Davis, Hand, Buggs, Frazier, Q. Williams--Mathis if necessary

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
And the rest of college football wonders why Coach Saban recruits as hard as he does & at the level that he does year in n year out..Unfortunately injuries happen when you play at the Championship Level we play at..

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Guys, Remember Ray lost his redshirt when Hand got hurt. Now that Hand is back.. We should be okay for a while. If his injury is similar to Mack Wilson, It's possible he can be back for playoff... So those two potential games, we might be okay for a while. WE should be okay.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
This is bad luck and nothing else. Not many ACLs and other things you can mitigate with good S&C. Fluky upper body and foot injuries.

Don't forget SDH has a patella fracture. Nothing can prevent that, except not getting banged in the knee cap.

I don't think even Earle has experienced that injury.

(OK, now I'll take a nap.)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Don't forget SDH has a patella fracture. Nothing can prevent that, except not getting banged in the knee cap.

I don't think even Earle has experienced that injury.

(OK, now I'll take a nap.)
No, thank God. I rehabbed my ACL alongside a young girl whose skating partner (her brother) had dropped her on her knee on the ice, fracturing it. I felt sorry for her, she was in such pain. There's not much you can do except wait for it to heal and maintain strength...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.