Alabama freshman DL suffers broken foot at Thursday practice (LaBryan Ray)

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
We can't catch a break. Except for the bad ones:

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. --
Alabama freshman defensive end LaBryan Ray broke a bone in his foot in Thursday’s practice, BamaOnLine has learned. He had surgery Friday morning.
Ray is the seventh Crimson Tide player to require surgery and miss an extended period of time this season. He joins outside linebackers Christian Miller (biceps) and Terrell Lewis(elbow), tight end Miller Forristall (ACL), offensive lineman Brandon Kennedy (leg) and inside linebackers Shaun Dion Hamilton (knee) and Mack Wilson (foot).

The former 5-star recruit appeared in six of the Tide’s 10 games this year as a reserve along the defensive front. Ray registered five tackles, 2.5 tackles for loss and one sack.
A native of Madison, Ala., Ray was the No. 15 overall player and No. 1 player in the state of Alabama during the 2017 recruiting cycle, according to the 247Sports Composite.

https://247sports.com/college/alaba...rs-broken-foot-at-Thursday-practice-110627502

ChattTide

All-SEC
Jul 20, 2000
Memphis, TN
I don't remember another year like this...
The last time I remember us getting hit this hard (or close to this) with injuries was in 1990 with Stallings his first year. I believe Siran Stacy went down in the first game against Southern Miss and it was like a snowball after that.

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Well the injury bug has now officially past the point of being an annoyance and become funny.

Mainly because laughing beats the alternative at this juncture.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
Hate this for Ray and all the other young men who have had their seasons cut short this year. He's a promising player, very fluid for a guy his size. The play he made in the AM game shows that he is capable of being a good one. I hope this is the last type of thread like this we have to have this year.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Someone up stairs is testing Alabama's ability to deal with adversity. If we win at UA UGA or in playoff it will be Nicks best coaching ever and the test of this teams ability to step up. This is getting just ridiculous. I guess we will see just how good our 2nd and 3rd string really is.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.