News Article: NFL investigating - Jameis Winston - Sexual Assault - Again

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I typed out a response but quickly realized it was NS material.

Will be hard to keep this football related. You might want to duplicate this post over there because I think it's worth people chatting about. There may or should already be a catch-all thread for celebrity deviants. If not you should start one.

To keep this football related if this gets proven true (hard to see how it will be proven) I would wonder about what moves the Bucs will make- especially given the season that he is currently having (not a great one.)

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Two years ago? Sorry, my patience with all this is starting to thin.

I'll explain.

Back in '91 when I was in the Marine Corps, I and 3 other guys were accused of harassing a woman in Morehead City, NC. All we did was go in and buy some cokes and then walk back down to the port where we were working. The cops stopped us as we were walking back. They took us immediately back to the store where the woman said yes it's those guys and all I want is for them to be out of my sight. She said she was not pressing any charges. We were NOT told what those charges were at that time.

Over the next few days, the woman reported that we did some things to her (I won't say what on this forum). We were brought up on charges by our company, we had an investigation by NIS and then finally we went back to talk to police in Morehead City. We found out that she failed 2 polygraphs. The cops there said we're sorry, please don't judge our city based on this person and they found out through their own investigation that she admitted to doing this because she did not want to work at a convenient store -- she and her husband (who was a Marine at Cherry Point, NC) were broke and needed the money. I feel like I lost a marriage over this as well. Who knows.

So, forgive me if I have very little sympathy for things of this nature. My question is, as always, how long ago did this happen? Did you report it to police after it happened? Sure, we all need some time to think things over but 2 years? Come on.

Sure, Winston has a history. No doubt but I would like to see some balance here. When it comes to the accused I will always do everything to make sure that person was convicted with evidence proving he/she was guilty without a shadow of a doubt.

Right now there appears to be a witch-hunt of men. A witch-hunt of *anybody* -- all because my guy did not get elected. It makes me sick. Sorry. I have a lot of respect for all of you but THIS really bothers me. And yes this does need to be posted and discussed, though the football forum may not be the best place for it.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia

I'll explain.

Back in '91 when I was in the Marine Corps, I and 3 other guys were accused of harassing a woman in Morehead City, NC. All we did was go in and buy some cokes and then walk back down to the port where we were working. The cops stopped us as we were walking back. They took us immediately back to the store where the woman said yes it's those guys and all I want is for them to be out of my sight. She said she was not pressing any charges. We were NOT told what those charges were at that time.

Over the next few days, the woman reported that we did some things to her (I won't say what on this forum). We were brought up on charges by our company, we had an investigation by NIS and then finally we went back to talk to police in Morehead City. We found out that she failed 2 polygraphs. The cops there said we're sorry, please don't judge our city based on this person and they found out through their own investigation that she admitted to doing this because she did not want to work at a convenient store -- she and her husband (who was a Marine at Cherry Point, NC) were broke and needed the money. I feel like I lost a marriage over this as well. Who knows.

So, forgive me if I have very little sympathy for things of this nature. My question is, as always, how long ago did this happen? Did you report it to police after it happened? Sure, we all need some time to think things over but 2 years? Come on.

Sure, Winston has a history. No doubt but I would like to see some balance here. When it comes to the accused I will always do everything to make sure that person was convicted with evidence proving he/she was guilty without a shadow of a doubt.

Right now there appears to be a witch-hunt of men. A witch-hunt of *anybody* -- all because my guy did not get elected. It makes me sick. Sorry. I have a lot of respect for all of you but THIS really bothers me. And yes this does need to be posted and discussed, though the football forum may not be the best place for it.
Given what happened to you I can understand where you are coming from.

It is EXTREMELY difficult to handle these matters, and when they are brought up, what is one to do?

It is nigh impossible to prove that Jameis Winston patted a woman on the crotch for 5 seconds late at night in a McDonald's drive-thru 2 years ago. It's an easy claim to make but an impossible one to prove.
But that won't stop people like us from forming an opinion based on past behavior or the media from convening their own jury deliberations in the next few days. The results? Most likely guilty unless this woman's story completely unravels. Who knows, maybe even more women come forward like in the Spacey avalanche.

It's hard to exhume Justice in cases like this. If the behavior is ignored more people get hurt and if it's a false accusation an innocent man gets buried alive.

The stakes are dramatically high.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

I'll explain.

I was with you until the bolded part. Thats simply not true.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Winston lost his benefit of a doubt a long time ago. The last accuser (that we know of) immediately went to the police, had bruises that appeared on her during the interview, said she was raped, identified Winston after seeing him later, and had his DNA on her. She likely would have had her day in court if not for the Florida State campus police running interference for Winston. So, might this particular claim be bonus? Sure, it might be. But, Winston is still a sexual predator. It reminds me a bit of Michael Jackson. I'm sure some claims were bogus, but it's really, really hard to get around the fact that a child could identify distinguishing marks on his penis.

Last edited:

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Given what happened to you I can understand where you are coming from.

It is EXTREMELY difficult to handle these matters, and when they are brought up, what is one to do?

It is nigh impossible to prove that Jameis Winston patted a woman on the crotch for 5 seconds late at night in a McDonald's drive-thru 2 years ago. It's an easy claim to make but an impossible one to prove.
But that won't stop people like us from forming an opinion based on past behavior or the media from convening their own jury deliberations in the next few days. The results? Most likely guilty unless this woman's story completely unravels. Who knows, maybe even more women come forward like in the Spacey avalanche.

It's hard to exhume Justice in cases like this. If the behavior is ignored more people get hurt and if it's a false accusation an innocent man gets buried alive.

The stakes are dramatically high.
No doubt. Wish there was a uniform way to ensure fairness. The last thing I would want to hear was that this happened to one of my daughters. Very well put.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I found it odd that a guy who was a witness to the first accusation, also claims to be a witness to this one.
The victim's attorney also seems rather set on believing Winston was alone in the vehicle with the driver. Of course the attorney is a bit biased, having witnessed shenanigans up close and personal the last time around. It is possible that this time the truth is being told (last time involved destroyed evidence though). But if it turns out that Winston was alone in the vehicle, or can't prove anyone else was there... it sure looks really bad considering the broader context.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
Not taking sides but I've seen video of a few Uber drivers that I may not believe if they said that drunk rich man did a bad thing and owes me big time.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

I'll explain.

I get where you're coming from but unfortunately for women it's not as easy as "why didn't you just go right away and tell?" Especially in a world in which people will send death threats and attempt to ruin people's lives online for speaking out against a celebrity. Heck the very same person in the case already had a woman that went through the exact same thing after coming forward about a rape involving Winston.

I have a female friend that I have known for just about 15 years. She only just now when all of these stories started coming up told me about being raped long before we met and I'm the first person she has ever told about it. So many women deciding to be brave and come forward recently is spurring more and more to do the same. Are some of them full of it? No doubt. But the risks far outweigh the rewards in these situations.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Put me in with the crowd of it seems everyone wants to be sexually assaulted. I think it trivializes women who have actually been date raped. Now you have people saying they were assaulted when a man comes on to them. Woman accused Russel Simmons of sexual assault from 10 years earlier, convincing her to perform a sex act on him while Bret Ratner was present. She said he asked for forgiveness decades latter. Jeffrey Tambor was accused by a transsexual of inappropriate comments and kissing on the lips when they were giving him a cheek. He has lost his job. I am all for protecting women but, soon men will be brought to the carpet of public opinion for looking at women walk away, and not keeping their eyes up when seeing a woman with lady lumps.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.