Tesla Roadster 2.0

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
That’s absolutely smoking! The 0-60 time is .4/second faster than the new Dodge Demon they just announced recently!

Electric’s open up a whole other dimension in the car world. Unlike an internal combustion engine that has to hit a power band in rpm to produce their max power, the electric’s can generate their power almost instantaneously. I saw a show a couple years back that featured an all electric, dragster and I was shocked at the 60 and 100 foot times as well as the overall ET in a 1/4 mile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
The following persons should not drive the Tesla Roadster:
Expectant mothers
Those with ailments of the heart, back or neck
Those prone to nausea
Those who have recently undergone surgery

If you experience an erection lasting longer than four hours, seek medical attention immediately.

rjtide

1st Team
Dec 15, 1999
AL
I'd settle for the Tesla Model 3 if it had longer range and from what I have been reading they are experiencing production problems.

I have a model x. initially had also put in a deposit for the model 3 but canceled it due to production issues. model x, while very quick from 0-60, has been underwhelming. fit and finish don't measure up for a vehicle priced north of $120k. save your money on the 3. its not had glowing reviews up until now. wait for other car makers.....I would expect Mercedes or bmw or Volvo or even gm to have better electric cars coming out in the next 3-5-7 year timeframe.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I've got mixed feelings about the model 3. I like the price and idea of it. I saw one at a neighbors house and I'm just not sure about the look. I don't particularly like the slope of the rear window/trunk.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I've got mixed feelings about the model 3. I like the price and idea of it. I saw one at a neighbors house and I'm just not sure about the look. I don't particularly like the slope of the rear window/trunk.
The Bolt seems to be a good alternative but it is still limited a bit with its stated range of 238 miles. Fine for most but most but in summer I do a lot of 170 mi trips (each way) so it would require recharge at my destination.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I have a model x. initially had also put in a deposit for the model 3 but canceled it due to production issues. model x, while very quick from 0-60, has been underwhelming. fit and finish don't measure up for a vehicle priced north of $120k. save your money on the 3. its not had glowing reviews up until now. wait for other car makers.....I would expect Mercedes or bmw or Volvo or even gm to have better electric cars coming out in the next 3-5-7 year timeframe.
There are a lot of Teslas on the road in CA, and I've heard similar things from other owners.

Volvo's Polestar 1 looks very impressive, and BMW is coming out with an electric version of their 3-series. I'm sure Mercedes and Audi have their own plans. All should have better materials and finish than Tesla currently offers, at a similar price.

Valley View

3rd Team
Nov 7, 2016
Williamson County, TN
I believe once the price comes down to about $40K for a mid size sedan all electric car manufactures will be able to sell cars. Right now the cars are either too expensive or too small for most. I would love to have one of those Tesla 2.0's.

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
Hahaha, two companies legendarily awful wrt electrical systems in their autos (Jaguar and LR) building an all-electric auto...
You know why the stories of the English drinking warm beer got started?

Because Lucas electronics wired their refrigerators!!!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Hahaha, two companies legendarily awful wrt electrical systems in their autos (Jaguar and LR) building an all-electric auto...
Had to chuckle. My law partner bought a Jag XKE back in the mid-70s. Big mistake. That car had electrical problems which hadn't even been invented yet. It was sort of a shame. After WWII, Britain came out with some neat cars - Austin-Healeys, Morgans, etc. I had a kid crush on MG TDs and TFs. Then, it all just seemed to collapse. The Japanese came in selling reliability and the Germans prestige and engineering. The British seemed to sink and the American car companies weren't far behind...

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL

Was out in the shop and found an old OE Jag part that was pretty rare to find back in the day, although it never worked as advertised!

(Blue font if isn’t obvious)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.