Football games catch all (Miami, TCU, etc)

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Football games catch all (Miami, Thu, etc)

the idiot calling the Wisky/Michigan game need to shut his pie hole
I despise Joel Klatt so much. He and Gus are amongst the most intolerable broadcasting duos in the sports history. I’d almost rather listen to an entire game of Beth Mowins than a quarter of Klatt.

His comment about Wisconsin not playing Mercer today was asinine. For starters, Michigan is #24 and were unranked as of last week. Wisconsin still hasn’t faced a top 20 team yet and they will get by without facing either Penn St or Michigan St. Tell me more about how they can “play with anyone in the country.”

Secondly Utah St, BYU, and FAU aren’t exactly high-end non-conference opponents either. Wisconsin didn’t schedule a single power 5 team in their non-conf games. Everyone has cupcake games on their schedule. If you don’t schedule a single big Non-Conf opponent at some point, then you have no right to schedule an FCS opponent anyways.

It’s about checks and balances, which is obviously too complex of a concept for the “analysts” that Fox hires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Re: Football games catch all (Miami, Thu, etc)

the idiot calling the Wisky/Michigan game need to shut his pie hole
Yes, he really got me ticked off for trashing Bama because they scheduled Mercer. Then he says how great Wisconsin is, but Michigan lost by a bigger margin to Penn State.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

There is not one team in America who has a more difficult schedule in getting to the national title than Bama.
Eliminate the Mercer game and start with LSU.
For Bama to win the national championship we beat LSU, beat Mississippi State on the road, will have to beat Auburn at home, Georgia in the SEC Championship Game, beat the number four team in the nation, and either neither two or number three. That's tough.
Meanwhile, while Katz is trashing Bama for feasting on Mercer, he's still trying to figure out way's that two loss Ohio State can still possibly make the playoff.
Ohio State is playing Illinois who Mercer would probably destroy, But Katz forgets to mention that.
He's one of my least favorite analysts because he flips his opinion too much.

Last edited:

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Football games catch all (Miami, Thu, etc)

Wisconsin is for real
This Wisconsin team reminds me of the early Saban years teams. Built around a stout defense with an offense that’s just good enough to keep you honest. The qb isn’t great, but he won’t lose you the game if he doesn’t make mistakes.

With that said, I still maintain they haven’t played anyone yet. Michigan has been completely underwhelming against any quality teams they’ve faced, and Iowa is an afterthought without their win against OSU.

I’ll have a bit more respect for their resume if Wisconsin can beat OSU in the B1GCG. However, they’ve played this season on as weak of a schedule as a Power 5 team can possibly have.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

This Wisconsin team reminds me of the early Saban years teams. Built around a stout defense with an offense that’s just good enough to keep you honest. The qb isn’t great, but he won’t lose you the game if he doesn’t make mistakes.

I still maintain they haven’t played anyone yet. Michigan has been completely underwhelming against any quality teams they’ve faced, and Iowa is an afterthought without their win against OSU.

If Wisconsin can beat OSU in the B1GCG, I’ll have a bit more respect for their resume. However, they’ve survived this season on as weak of a resume as a Power 5 team can possibly have.

Wisconsin plays tough defense, but I don't think that they can beat a team with both a defense and an offense. They are too one dimensional on offense.

Michigan's offense is putrid, and they lost their QB which ended any chance that they would score again in that game.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana

Wisconsin plays tough defense, but I don't think that they can beat a team with both a defense and an offense. They are too one dimensional on offense.

Michigan's offense is putrid, and they lost their QB which ended any chance that they would score again in that game.
I’m not sure if Speight’s injury had that big of an impact on their season. Speight was the reigning starter and yet was still locked in a qb competition with lousy competition until the start of the season.

On top of that, Michigan lost too much from last year to be good. Yet they were still overrated by the media based on program reputation. Even with Speight I think their ceiling was 9-3, and their floor now will be 7-5 after OSU crushes their spirit.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I’m not sure if Speight’s injury had that big of an impact on their season. Speight was the reigning starter and yet was still locked in a qb competition with lousy competition until the start of the season.

On top of that, Michigan lost too much from last year to be good. Yet they were still overrated by the media based on program reputation. Even with Speight I think their ceiling was 9-3, and their floor now will be 7-5 after OSU crushes their spirit.

With Speight they might have beaten Wisconsin. They were in the hunt with Peters until he was hurt today.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama

I despise Joel Klatt so much. He and Gus are amongst the most intolerable broadcasting duos in the sports history. I’d almost rather listen to an entire game of Beth Mowins than a quarter of Klatt.

His comment about Wisconsin not playing Mercer today was asinine. For starters, Michigan is #24 and were unranked as of last week. Wisconsin still hasn’t faced a top 20 team yet and they will get by without facing either Penn St or Michigan St. Tell me more about how they can “play with anyone in the country.”

Secondly Utah St, BYU, and FAU aren’t exactly high-end non-conference opponents either. Wisconsin didn’t schedule a single power 5 team in their non-conf games. Everyone has cupcake games on their schedule. If you don’t schedule a single big Non-Conf opponent at some point, then you have no right to schedule an FCS opponent anyways.

It’s about checks and balances, which is obviously too complex of a concept for the “analysts” that Fox hires.

The thing with the Klatts of sports broadcasting is they don't consider anything but "who they play". Yes, it was Mercer. But Bama won easily as any #1 team should have. 56-0 that well could have been 77-0. I think it makes them look ignorant when they say things like that.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

I wonder what the spread would be in Vegas if 5-5 Mercer played 1-9 Kansas, or if 5-5 Mercer played Illinois.
I tried to google it but there's no site that offers such info that I could find....

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I wonder what the spread would be in Vegas if 5-5 Mercer played 1-9 Kansas, or if 5-5 Mercer played Illinois.
I tried to google it but there's no site that offers such info that I could find....
According to Sagarin, Mercer would be favored by 2 over Kansas. Illinois would be favored by 6.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

SIAP, it’s been 414 days since Michigan beat a team with a winning record..

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.