Game Thread: OFFICIAL POST-GAME THREAD - Bama vs. Mercer...

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Saban said Andy Papp had a pulled muscle so they played it safe and let him sit. Said he could have played if needed. Hope he and minkah are 100 percent for Auburn.
It obviously hurt the team with all those field goals Bama tried today. Oh, wait...
Get well, young man. Hope you'll be kicking 8 PATs against the Barn (plus a few "don't you know how much I hate these guys" FGs for good measure).

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Went to the game today. Have two big takeaways:

1. Dylan Moses will be fine next week.

2. Josh Jacobs is finally healthy, and the offense looks amazing because of it. Having him on the field along with another RB is deadly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Interesting look today when Jonah briefly shifted to LG with Leatherwood at LT. I think it was only one series.

LeBron47

1st Team
Aug 30, 2007
Great win today the backups for most positions played for 21/2 quarters today. For the life of me I don’t know how the Barn kept the game that close with them. Our backups scored 21 points on them and held them to zero. Look forward to the big game next week.

RTR!!!

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Went to the game today. Have two big takeaways:
1. Dylan Moses will be fine next week.
He had a monster game.
2. Josh Jacobs is finally healthy, and the offense looks amazing because of it. Having him on the field along with another RB is deadly.
He really reminds me of Kenyan Drake. Hope we can use him in a similar manner--preferably without the major injuries. ;)

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Saban did not mention injuries (was not asked) and did not mention Papps (was not asked) during his post-game presser. No idea when we will know more.
He actually mentioned both-

He said no injuries of significance.

He said Papp could’ve played. They held him out with a “pull” in his leg. If the opponent would’ve been different he would’ve played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
He actually mentioned both-

He said no injuries of significance.

He said Papp could’ve played. They held him out with a “pull” in his leg. If the opponent would’ve been different he would’ve played.

On the SECN they did not show the very beginning of his presser, but I did not know that. But thanks for correcting me after this was already addressed several times. :rolleye2:

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
On the SECN they did not show the very beginning of his presser, but I did not know that. But thanks for correcting me after this was already addressed several times. :rolleye2:
My pleasure [emoji6]

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Moses' athleticism really showed today. He made a few mistakes but got around the ball a lot which showed up on the stat line. Big step up against a veteran Auburn OL and misdirection/window dressing scheme. What today showed is that he's learning quick. He was basically never really around the football last week, but today he was getting to the ball carrier.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Only saw the first three quarters, but I was very impressed, once again, with Hurts throwing the ball very nicely. Won't be the time to throw like we saw today, but the Barn can't afford to stack the line or Hurts will kill them.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.