Game Thread: OFFICIAL POST-GAME THREAD - Bama vs. Mercer...

HMM

All-SEC
Sep 1, 2007
Really enjoyed this game, was my daughter's first live game. First time for the wife at T town too. We've been to several games at the Georgia Dome and even went to Jerry's world but this was the first time to a home game for her. Made for an extremely long day (just got home).

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I noticed that too. I was afraid another lineman was injured but evidently coaches were just experimenting for some reason.
Maybe he was there to help Leatherwood?
I'm not sure. I think Hass was moved to center for that series

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
We attended our first game with our son today and really enjoyed everything. A couple of notes though. Dylan Moses, like you all have already said, is going to be alright. He really fills out his uniform and can flat out run sideline to sideline. He looked much more confident in what he was doing today. We also have some other young linebackers who could step up into the hole today.

You can see a lot of things at the game that you can't see on tv. It was amazing watching receivers routes just pop open up at the game. Our players look like cookie cutter players when they go on the field. They are all made out of the same stone. It was a great game and I am glad we were able to go.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Hopefully, nothing too serious but from what I hear, some of Auburn's guys got banged up in the La. Monroe game.
They had 4 defensive starters dinged up today. I don’t wish injury on anybody but I also don’t feel sorry for them at all considering our injury situation. If they have several players limited and it improves our chance for winning that’s fine by me..

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
They had 4 defensive starters dinged up today. I don’t wish injury on anybody but I also don’t feel sorry for them at all considering our injury situation. If they have several players limited and it improves our chance for winning that’s fine by me..
Yep, I hope they are healthy for Auburn's bowl game and that is it.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I went to the game with my g/f today and we had ton of fun. My girlfriend said that there was something about the game that caught her attention and it was Moses performance today that stood out the most. She said that the fact he was able to command the defense.. she got excited about that.

Hurts was on roll, Ridley tearing it up as usual and Jacob looked good. I got a feeling that we gave Auburn something to think about for next week.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
This game was like a good practice today. I believe our team will be well prepared for the game next week.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
The dline still didn't play well in my opinion. We just don't get a good push at the point of attack.

Careful. You may get an Eyore award.

We just need everyone healthy. We have been blessed the last two years with D'linemen. I think we'll have a winning front 7 next week. Some may be young and some may be nicked but if they can play they'l be on the field. Hopefully we can score on clock eating drives and pressure their QB. We should win by double digits.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The dline still didn't play well in my opinion. We just don't get a good push at the point of attack.
We promoted a ton of talent from there last year and we've had limiting injuries also. Earlier in the season, I didn't believe we could survive, with the number of severe injuries we've had...

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
By the way, Jalen Hurts is now 6th in total QBR. For a little while, Fromm, Fitzgerald, Etling and Stidham were hovering up there to but as Hurts climbed back up they took a tumble. They are now in the 10-26 range.

The quarterbacks in front of Hurts are a pretty well respected bunch. There's Tate from Arizona and then Baker Mayfield, Lamar Jackson, J.T. Barrett, and Mason Rudolph. Hurts is in pretty good company.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
By the way, Jalen Hurts is now 6th in total QBR. For a little while, Fromm, Fitzgerald, Etling and Stidham were hovering up there to but as Hurts climbed back up they took a tumble. They are now in the 10-26 range.

The quarterbacks in front of Hurts are a pretty well respected bunch. There's Tate from Arizona and then Baker Mayfield, Lamar Jackson, J.T. Barrett, and Mason Rudolph. Hurts is in pretty good company.
Hurts best stat is 11-0 and ranked #1 :smile:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Congrats on your win yesterday. I know it wasn't the strongest opponent you have faced, but you couldn't ask for a better game to have one week before the iron bowl. Lot of playing time for your second stringers too, which always helps going down the home stretch.

Can't say enough about Hurts. He is simply amazing.

Keep rolling!!! :)

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
We promoted a ton of talent from there last year and we've had limiting injuries also. Earlier in the season, I didn't believe we could survive, with the number of severe injuries we've had...
I agree...imo Bugg is playing the end stronger than Hand...even before the injury. Bugg sets the edge much, much better. Our strength is that we don't drop off much if any when we sub...keep a steady presence all game.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I agree...imo Bugg is playing the end stronger than Hand...even before the injury. Bugg sets the edge much, much better. Our strength is that we don't drop off much if any when we sub...keep a steady presence all game.
True. We don't have the superman penetrators we had, didn't before the injuries started. I still can't believe we're where we are with the number of key injuries. My hat's off to Pruitt...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
As bad as we looked at linebacker in the first half last weekend, it was a wonder we held them to 10 points in the second half. Pruitt has earned a paycheck this season. Groups like '16 D are almost "easy" for coordinators.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.