No Surprise - Gameday Will be in Auburn

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
I read that also. It is also their first visit to Auburn campus since the "Kick Six" in 2013. You know they are there to see Bama lose but I hope we prove them wrong and that our team wins big time.
They won’t be there “to see BAMA lose.” They’ll be there to see the most compelling game of the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Watching Coach Corso put the Bucky head on yesterday was priceless....I love that man. Herby his trusty sidekick. And who other than Craig T. "Coach" Nelson as guest picker......

Doesn't get any better! :p

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Great they can pick aubs and talk upsets all day then eat their words as we cruise to SECCG LOL

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Great they can pick aubs and talk upsets all day then eat their words as we cruise to SECCG LOL
I actually have not noticed a severely antibama slant when they are covering a Bama game. Atleast not recently. Someone last year said that Alabama over the last 8 years has earned the benefit of the doubt. I expect that when it comes time to pick who will win that only one will pick the Barn and the rest will pick Alabama. I hope the one that pick the Barn is Corso because he really sucks at picking games.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Same. It’s still a fun show, for me. I turn it on as background noise and get my Saturday morning chores done before football starts.

As far as falling out of favor? Anything less than “saban and Alabama are the greatest of all time and will win every game and we are lucky to watch them and Saban is Jesus’ brother” is taken as disrespect by some who just want a reason to be offended. And others legitimately have just gotten tired of the show. It’s been long-running, and it’s the same old thing every week

I'm offended my Bama brethren get so offended at every little thing!
That probably shouldn't be in blue!

I am just bored with it. It is too long to me. It seems like they have to force a lot of things to fill the time slot.
I still love the show, but it was better at 2 hours instead of 3. As someone said, it'd be better at 1 hour. But I still watch it every Saturday morning I'm at home.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
I'm offended my Bama brethren get so offended at every little thing!
That probably shouldn't be in blue!

I still love the show, but it was better at 2 hours instead of 3. As someone said, it'd be better at 1 hour. But I still watch it every Saturday morning I'm at home.
To defend the Bama homers here, I am guilty also, we seem to hear all negative remarks, and over look the positive. Just part of being a fan. Look at other team forums they say the same. We all are biased towards our teams. I am not so bothered by the remarks as just the show being 3 hrs and kind of boring. 1-2 hrs is all you really can fill with quality conversation. Kind of wished they would spend less time on top teams and hype some smaller teams that are winning. By the weekend the top 10 teams have been covered so much there is little left to discuss. Between forums, websites, magazines,tv shows, newspapers,and magazines the market is saturated. I love Bama but each week many articles seem to be copies of other articles.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Traditionally I thought it was supposed to be a golden eagle. Maybe I’m confusing it with a syrup brand. I like yellow label better anyway. [emoji12]

TiderMan

All-SEC
Feb 5, 2005
Moody, AL.
I actually have not noticed a severely antibama slant when they are covering a Bama game. Atleast not recently. Someone last year said that Alabama over the last 8 years has earned the benefit of the doubt. I expect that when it comes time to pick who will win that only one will pick the Barn and the rest will pick Alabama. I hope the one that pick the Barn is Corso because he really sucks at picking games.
Corso actually is pretty good at picking games. He was 196-103 according to this article that was written about a month ago.

https://fansided.com/2017/10/07/lee-corso-headgear-pick-record-college-gameday/

Wilson Monroe

1st Team
Jul 19, 2016
The show had me interested years ago when they were talking X's and O's more. They drew up blocking schemes, route tendencies, etc. I still have it on now, but my interest is low.

Now it's about who had the toughest background and I'm not looking to shed a tear in the morning on football Saturday.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
When #1 plays #6 in 'The Ugliest Village'. Gonna be lots of people pulling for the upset. Every week people pull for someone to upset us. If this was a September game, we would be a 21 point favorite. Now injuries have decimated our line and we are favored by -4 points. Should be a good game. We will have to stop the Auburn running game, because I don't think their QB can beat us unless we fumble the game away. This is the kind of scenario GAME DAY wants.

I expect TV will love this game because it will be physical and nose to nose brutal.

I GOT TO SAY IT... S.N.A.S.S.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
I still watch but some of the luster has gone away with all the differnt podcasts and other digital sports shows during the week. By Saturday, ive heard everything i can possibly hear from everyone i could possibly hear it from. But it goes hand and hand for me with a day full of football. It's like an appetizer.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Once upon a time I never missed Gameday -- now it just doesn't matter. If I'm home and its on I might listen while doing something else. Otherwise I have no real interest...same with their wrap-up show...even though Joey Galloway has calmed down...it just doesn't matter. I'm worn out on all their hype...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.