Report: Arkansas to move on from Bret Bielema at end of season (Updated 11/24 6pm CT: Bielema has been fired)

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Maybe Malzahn is genuinely interested in Arkansas. Maybe he's playing them for a big raise from the barn.

Regardless, Arkansas is clearly all in on Gus. We haven't heard a whisper out of Fayetteville of the hogs courting anyone else for days. You have to figure they have good reason to think he'll come.

Hanging questions are (1) whether Gus will be interested if the barn makes the playoff, let alone wins a game or -- shudder -- two in it, and (2) how long Arkansas will wait for his season to end.

Endless permutations in play, but only one scenario ends with the hogs getting what they want. High stakes game of chicken.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
If the barn wins today, the piggies need to move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I'm told they will - no way they can wait until January with the new early signing periods.

If the barn loses today, I'm betting Gus is in Fayetteville before Tuesday.
My guess is they have someone waiting in the wings.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Gus can win at Arkansas because he could recruit Texas - where every kid plays a version of his system.

I think he would do very similarly to what he's done at Auburn...a good team every few years!

BUT, on the 2 or 3 in between when he's 7-5 or 8-4 the Arkansas fan base will be completely satisfied.

That's straight from a big Pig fan's mouth and that may potentially make all the difference.

I think Gus is probably in a predicament. If we could peak inside his mind, I'm pretty confident his heart is not at Auburn and he'd love to go home. However, most coaches never get a chance to win a NC.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
When we win the Iron Bowl National Championship Game he will be screaming Weeeeee Pig Sueeeeyyy all the way back to Fayetteville.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.