Pick the score: Auburn vs. Alabama

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Auburn has two losses and wins over MSU and Georgia. Georgia has a win over Notre Dame and MSU. We also have a win over MSU and the LSU team that beat AU. I'm not sure how you deduce that their resumes are better than ours. .
This is what happens when you pull a post out of the thread without reading the whole thread to understand the context. We were discussing who get in if Alabama loses to Auburn. The other poster suggested that Alabama would get in ahead of the SECCG winner.

If that happens and Auburn wins the SECCG, Auburn would have wins over MSU, Georgia, Alabama and Georgia again.
If that happens and Georgia wins out, Georgia would have wins over ND, MSU and Auburn (which evens out their only loss - to Auburn).
Alabama would have wins of MSU (who both of the other teams beat), and LSU. So, which looks better? It not even close.

I did not say that Alabama cannot get in with a loss, but they would have to be the second SEC team in because the winner of the SECCG would get in ahead of Alabama.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
This is what happens when you pull a post out of the thread without reading the whole thread to understand the context. We were discussing who get in if Alabama loses to Auburn. The other poster suggested that Alabama would get in ahead of the SECCG winner.

If that happens and Auburn wins the SECCG, Auburn would have wins over MSU, Georgia, Alabama and Georgia again.
If that happens and Georgia wins out, Georgia would have wins over ND, MSU and Auburn (which evens out their only loss - to Auburn).
Alabama would have wins of MSU (who both of the other teams beat), and LSU. So, which looks better? It not even close.

I did not say that Alabama cannot get in with a loss, but they would have to be the second SEC team in because the winner of the SECCG would get in ahead of Alabama.
Actually, I did read it. My point is that people who say "It(s) not even close" are the ones who look at the wins and ignore the losses. Auburn has lost two games. This means that on two different occasions this year that Auburn was not even the best team on the field, much less in the country. My point is that the "eye test" crowd seem to ignore actual results. Your point is valid that AU and UGA would both have solid resumes, especially if they add the SEC title to their list, but acting like Bama wouldn't be close enough to be in the discussion at 11-1 with many absolutely dominating wins seems crazy to me. As I said before, though, I hope we just whip AU and take the decision out of the committee members' hands.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I just realized that we are discussing team resumes in the game score prediction thread. Sorry.
As for the prediction, there are a lot of things that seem to point to AU victory. They have the home field. They seem to have advantages in the trenches. In a close game, they have a fantastic field goal kicker. Our defense is limping around. With all that said, I still think we will find a way to make a few more plays than they make.
Bama 27
AU 24

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
BAMA 45
BARN 27
I think that we will give up more points than any time so far this year. Mainly because of the injuries. However, I think that the Barn will load the box to stop the run, and Hurts will light them up. Then they will drop their safeties to stop the pass. And then we ground pound them in the fourth quarter.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
I hope this doesn't sound unsportsmanlike but I wouldn't mind a bit for my nerves sake of we hand it to em 40 to zero!!!
Unsportsman like??????? NO way 70-0 is fine, no Bama fan would find anything wrong with that.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
As long as we score at least 1 more point than auburn I do not care if it is 3-2 or 55-54, as long as we win. I can see this game being a low or high scoring affair. This is always the hardest game to predict the score on for me. I can get semi close on many games but this one always messes me up bad. I am not sure my pick has ever been close. I either go way low or way high. Seems how ever I see game going, it goes total opposite direction as far as score.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
i saw in the news section that neither miller nor lewis was practicing yesterday.
what are the chances either plays if that's the case?
i have no idea, but that wouldn't seem like a good sign would it?

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
You can't trot them out in practice if they're your "secret weapon!"
i saw in the news section that neither miller nor lewis was practicing yesterday.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Who said they didn’t practice? The media in the 10 minutes they see? Or Saban after the 1:50 they don’t see. This ain’t the NFL where Nick has to provide injury updates/reports that are accurate. If Miller, Lewis or Wilson were practicing, why announce it?

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Who said they didn’t practice? The media in the 10 minutes they see? Or Saban after the 1:50 they don’t see. This ain’t the NFL where Nick has to provide injury updates/reports that are accurate. If Miller, Lewis or Wilson were practicing, why announce it?
like i said, i have no idea how the practices work or who sees what.

thanks to all for the info.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
like i said, i have no idea how the practices work or who sees what.

thanks to all for the info.
It is all good, lets hope some practiced after press was run off. Would love to see some of the starters back in IB. If not we will just have to win with back ups in. Would love to see more guys like Moses come in and make an impact. Would be lovely to beat down the barn with back ups.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
It is all good, lets hope some practiced after press was run off. Would love to see some of the starters back in IB. If not we will just have to win with back ups in. Would love to see more guys like Moses come in and make an impact. Would be lovely to beat down the barn with back ups.
we need numbers...i think it's going to be a slobberknocker.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I guess one thing I do NOT understand is the following:

The Barn possibly squeaks by Bama. The records in the SEC West are possibly as follows: Barn 7-1 and Bama 7-1. The Barn lost to LSU. If we lose it would be to the Barn! So, we both have 7-1 records. Yes, I know the head to head, but both would have lost one SEC game each. So, why not look at the OVERALL record? Bama possibly 11-1, hopefully 12-0 and the Barn possibly 10-2, hopefully 9-3. Why would the Barn be considered the SEC West Champion when we both POSSIBLY have 7-1 records? Why would the Barn be going to the SECC game with the WORST overall record? Why should head to head be the final decider???????

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX

The Barn possibly squeaks by Bama. The records in the SEC West are possibly as follows: Barn 7-1 and Bama 7-1. The Barn lost to LSU. If we lose it would be to the Barn! So, we both have 7-1 records. Yes, I know the head to head, but both would have lost one SEC game each. So, why not look at the OVERALL record? Bama possibly 11-1, hopefully 12-0 and the Barn possibly 10-2, hopefully 9-3. Why would the Barn be considered the SEC West Champion when we both POSSIBLY have 7-1 records? Why would the Barn be going to the SECC game with the WORST overall record? Why should head to head be the final decider???????
Because that is what the rules say. The SEC isn't like other conferences.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

Because OOC games are crazy unequal and it would discourage tough OOC games. It's about the SEC West title not the CFB Title. It would make very little sense (IMO) to use OOC games as anything more than a final tiebreaker or something of the sort. head to head makes more sense to me.

Blueguitar

3rd Team
Nov 19, 2017
First time poster here. Bama 31, Barn 23. They score a td in garbage time to make it semi-respectable. I think Hurts and Ridley just torch them.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
This is a really hard game to predict and I can't really get a feel for how it will go. For the first time in a while Auburn might actually have the better run D and we definitively have the more mobile/escape artist QB. I think the difference in the game will be if our OL can pass protect consistently and open up enough holes for Harris and co. I would really hope we don't move away from using Jacobs because his ability to make people miss could be huge. I think we win this one by around 10 with the possibility of Auburn getting a last second score that makes it a 3-7 point game. So, I'll go with 27-17 Tide rolls

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.