Pick the score: Auburn vs. Alabama

HotWingsRGood

BamaNation Citizen
May 10, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I have no idea what the score will be but I will take a 1 point win, even though I will need a bottle of Tums or Pepto Bismal.

I predict Bama 24
Auburn 21

You can bet they pretty much get an automatic 3 points if they reach the 50 yard line for a field goal. Still wish we would have signed Carlson and/or his brother. Add 7 points for the Auburn home field advantage and maybe a few more for the refs bias towards Bama.

I wonder who the refs will be and how far in advance, if any, Saban knows who they will be.
Very nice. I am EXTREMELY worried about the officiating. I sat there in 93, 95,and 97 and watched the officials basically give the game to au. Does anyone think Curtis Brown caught the TD pass in bounds? There was the RPO in 2013 with half the team 6 yards downfield. There are probably many more bad calls/bad no calls that escape me at the moment, but officiating has sometimes proven fatal for us in this game.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Very nice. I am EXTREMELY worried about the officiating. I sat there in 93, 95,and 97 and watched the officials basically give the game to au. Does anyone think Curtis Brown caught the TD pass in bounds? There was the RPO in 2013 with half the team 6 yards downfield. There are probably many more bad calls/bad no calls that escape me at the moment, but officiating has sometimes proven fatal for us in this game.
hell yes he did. i was watching the game in a bar in charelston. i was the only bama fan there and no one else gave a crap.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I haven't picked the score all season so I won't jinx us now.

But I want to go on record that I think we will win this game in definitive fashion. I have a feeling a few guys will play that AU didn't expect to see.

If CNS will let Daboll, Jalen, and Damien 'drive this Lamborghini' we *could* embarrass them.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA

But I want to go on record that I think we will win this game in definitive fashion. I have a feeling a few guys will play that AU didn't expect to see.

If CNS will let Daboll, Jalen, and Damien 'drive this Lamborghini' we *could* embarrass them.
I hope you are right. I think it will be a close game and hope we can get the win. It will be so heartbreaking for everyone if we don't. But weird things happen on the Plains.

I think Mac Wilson will be a surprise and play, and Christian Miller will play. How much though? I wonder if they are in game shape or will play just on 3rd downs, etc. I imagine Auburn is preparing for them to play if they have kept up with the rumors.

Hopefully Jalen will keep up his great habit of not turning the ball over. We don't need any turnovers in this game. I think the game will be decided by turnovers, special teams, and the trenches (especially).

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
Since I really have no idea how this game will go, I had decided to use the highly scientific method of predicting the score by averaging everyone else's scores. Then sifting through all the words in a post to find which one was the actual prediction when I saw multiple possibilities posted in the same one got old after few pages. Eliminating the outlier of 10,000 to negative infinity, based on the ones I pulled and averaged, my prediction is:

Bama - 34
Auburn - 20

I noticed that 34-13 seems to be a popular choice by many of you. Still loving the Sugar Bowl win over Miami, aren't we?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

I'd LOVE to see this result. I think for my own mental health I won't let my expectations go there and I've prepared myself for a "close" game that I hope we'll pull away and win.

However I think two things happened a couple of Saturdays ago that have been misinterpretted:

1. Georgia had a "perfect storm" type game against Georgia. Almost everything that day went their way. (remember the day Florida game to Bama and we just lit them up back in the Shula years?). So I think the Barn got alot more credit/press for what was a transcedent game.

2. That same day we had possibly our worst game of the year. We had the LSU hangover and it was the game our injuries showed up the worst and we had an off night tackling. This game got blown out of proportion and the belief is we won't be able to stop Auburn.

Take those two anomalies out of the equation and yes, I see the possibility we might could make this game more lopsided than the experts think. I think we have the superior playmakers and if we were to steal a score or two with a pick six or punt return (which we are bad overdue for) this game could turn into a route (especially if Gus' thoughts have been distracted with the Arkansas talk).

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Georgia was ripe for a game like that one. I've compared '17 UGA to '08 Bama but there was one big difference: Wilson was a senior quarterback who was in his third year as the starter and had the mandate to manage the offense on his own quite a bit when he came to the line of scrimmage. A more experienced QB may have kept that game from getting away from UGA with just a handful of sight adjustments. Experience at QB is huge but it is almost crucial in a pro-style run-heavy system. There were a couple of moments in the 2008 regular season where Wilson's cool demeanor and knowledge of defense kept a sort of limited passing offense from affecting us much until we were playing against two of the elite teams that season.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

I agree. I think most are focusing on our LB issue and defense. They seem to forget our offense can be quite powerful at times. I am confident we can outscore them if needed.

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
This ^^

No One in the SEC gets more "Home Cooking" from the refs than the boogs do when playing on the pasture. We've been screwed down there more times than anyone could count -which was most of their motivation to move the games there in the first place.

And its NOT just us - it happens to MOST teams who play them at Jerkin-Hair! Ref's cost us games there before - the years you name, 2013 being the most recent and most stinging because of the stakes that day - same as the stakes this weekend.....

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
AU is 9-8 vs P5 teams in J-H the last 4 years. It's not a haunted house or a din of iniquity. Some of y'all sound like the REC accusers. Yes, there are idiots who genuinely believe that the REC pays off refs, SEC administrators and in some cases the NCAA. There are some Bama fans, much fewer in number, who rival them on a smaller scale. Is there various kinds of bias and bad judgment that happens at times, surely, they are human. The evaluators of the refs, i.e., fans, have their own bias and lack of judgment too.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
AU is 9-8 vs P5 teams in J-H the last 4 years. It's not a haunted house or a din of iniquity. Some of y'all sound like the REC accusers. Yes, there are idiots who genuinely believe that the REC pays off refs, SEC administrators and in some cases the NCAA. There are some Bama fans, much fewer in number, who rival them on a smaller scale. Is there various kinds of bias and bad judgment that happens at times, surely, they are human. The evaluators of the refs, i.e., fans, have their own bias and lack of judgment too.
9-8 huh??? Guess home field advantage is no advantage to the barners.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.