New stuff for Auburn to prepare for

pjhBama

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 3, 2017
The jet sweep returned to the offense yesterday. It was definitely not a coincidence. LSU had a lot of success running it against Auburn. And now we have shown that we have it in our playbook. So Auburn must now prepare for it. I’m sure we have some other wrinkles that we will run as well.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I liked seeing Foster's speed turn that corner yesterday on that jet sweep. That dude can fly. He's been a bit snake-bit at times, it seems, but it would be awesome for him to finish his Bama career by helping us win an SEC and national title. We have a lot of weapons, and I think our offense is going to have to continue scoring quite a bit the rest of the way.

pjhBama

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 3, 2017
I agree. I like the jet sweep. I don’t like running it as much as we used to; but it’s nice to mix it in a few times a game to keep the defense honest, and to get the ball into the hands of our talented receivers.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I loved seeing Jacobs fully healthy and on the field with another RB. By motioning or lining him out wide, we force the defense to pull a LB or Safety out of the box. Not only does it help the running game, it also makes the passing game more deadly because Jacobs is a matchup nightmare for defenses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
There is reason why we saw a lot of Jacob getting some playing time next week. I expect him to be a factor in the game against Auburn. I think we'll see combination of Harris and Jacob for a while in the game before going to Bo for short term yardage. I really liked how Hurts and Receivers were on the same page.

I got a feeling that we'll shock Auburn early on... Everything Auburn has prepared for, Most of the stuff we haven't used.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
There is reason why we saw a lot of Jacob getting some playing time next week. I expect him to be a factor in the game against Auburn. I think we'll see combination of Harris and Jacob for a while in the game before going to Bo for short term yardage. I really liked how Hurts and Receivers were on the same page.

I got a feeling that we'll shock Auburn early on... Everything Auburn has prepared for, Most of the stuff we haven't used.
I hope we do have some plays no team has seen before, some jet sweeps, maybe trick plays also. We need all our players to stay healthy in practices this week and not get hurt. I am already nervous but excited for the game.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
At the risk of stating the obvious, I`d say the entire playbook will be open. Actually, it`s probably been practiced the last two weeks in preparation for this coming weekend.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
I hope we do have some plays no team has seen before, some jet sweeps, maybe trick plays also. We need all our players to stay healthy in practices this week and not get hurt. I am already nervous but excited for the game.
In the LSU game, they had alot of success with the jet sweep and then a little later in the game did a fake jet sweep and passed instead. Maybe the coaches did jet sweep this week to set up the fake next week.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
At the risk of stating the obvious, I`d say the entire playbook will be open. Actually, it`s probably been practiced the last two weeks in preparation for this coming weekend.
Not necessary. I think They will develop a plan to go after Auburn's weakness. Their Secondary isn't very good. Only thing good on their defense is their DL line. I think we'll see lot of quick passes, and I think we'll see two or three deep ball attempts to test the secondary. So with that in mind, We'll probably will do lot of motion, and try to get our TE open early in the game. That should benefit us since their defense isn't healthy.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Ive been saying this the whole year. Daboll is an NFL coach. He hides his full hand until the end of the season or until forced. He isn’t a Lane Kiffin, Mac, Chip Kelly, or Steve Spurrier type guy who shows 95% of the offense right away and dare you to stop it. He comes from the Bill Belichick-Josh McDaniels- Tom Brady school of offensive strategy which dares you to stop their base offense before showing you the magic that the offense is truly capable of. Daboll is going to show Auburn a magic show that they never knew was coming.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Daboll's first IB, I think he will show some plays they will not be ready for.I look for us to try and jump out fast and shut down the crowd. Daboll and Pruitt will earn their paychecks this weekend. I bet we see some familiar faces back for this game also. Just feel good, I think we control this gamebetter than most think. Well most talking heads, hope they keep the hype machine in over drive all week. Get aubs all excited and get our guys all riled up. We p;lay very good on the rpoad, so here is to another GREAT road win and birth in SECCG at 12-0.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
I'm definitely looking for more than running up the middle. It'll be interesting to see what Daboll dials up. Jet sweeps and screens? The defense needs to stop the big plays. Pruitt should have them ready. They will have plays designed to counter our blitz. So maybe a defensive play to counter their counter. [emoji848]

92teamownsall

Scout Team
Sep 10, 2013
I hope our backfield is ready for the many bombs to come their way which is what makes Auburn so difficult for us imo. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Auburn's first play is a Hail Mary.

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia
The new strategy we’ve seen the past two weeks is to play keep away - basketball’s version of the four corners. Miss St controlled the clock and it seemed Mercer was trying to do the same. The one negative of scoring quickly is your defense is on the field a lot. Is Auburn a ball control offense or more of a big play unit?

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Auburn' s red zone offense, scoring offense, and total offense are all 17th in the nation. Bama' s scoring offense and total offense is much better than our red zone offense. I may be interpreting this wrong but it seems to me Bama does better scoring from outside the 20 than inside the 20 so explosive plays seem like a better bet than 5 yard runs.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
The new strategy we’ve seen the past two weeks is to play keep away - basketball’s version of the four corners. Miss St controlled the clock and it seemed Mercer was trying to do the same. The one negative of scoring quickly is your defense is on the field a lot. Is Auburn a ball control offense or more of a big play unit?
I think Auburn wants to create explosive plays... and force Bama offense to keep up especially when they trust Auburn defense to keep it close. I think both side will trust defense.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
I think our best weapon is long clock eating drives that put up 7. The fewer time aubs have the ball the fewer chances they have to score. Would love to see us totally control time of possession. Keep their O on the bench, and keep our defense from having to make to many stops. LONG drawn out 10-12 play scoring drives is what we need. Then a few 3 and outs for our Defense. Control the game, and move on to Atlanta

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
It seems we have many more weapons than they do. Hopefully our O is peaking at the right time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.