2018 Prospect: #1 OLB JJ Peterson Updates

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
JMO, but if this kid goes to TN, Saban is going to make a point of crushing TN while he is there. There is no way that Pruitt is supposed to be pulling kids that he was paid by Saban to recruit to Alabama for the last 2 years.
He took Demarcus Walker who had already committed to Bama when he left for FSU. Petersen was not even committed. Saban usually does not take such things personally, he rehired him. Pruitt is ruthless and driven, though I think he has matured a bit. He was much more complimentary of Coach Saban and Bama this time. It was rough when he went to FSU.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
I would like to add that Petersen said that Alabama can " reclaim the lead" with him the next several weeks if Saban who is now his primary recruiter can make him feel comfortable with Alabama again since his only point of contact was with Pruitt. On Rush Propst possibly heading to Tennessee in some kind of coaching capacity remains to be seen. It is worth mentioning on the very close relationship between Peterson and Propst/Pruitt. Sounds like a law firm :biggrin2:

Anyway this is the NCAA rule regarding a situation such as this:
A recruit can follow a high school coach if that college hires the coach for an "on the field" position. A recruit can not follow his high school coach if his coach takes an administrative position.

we shall see where this one goes.

edit: Peterson has never visited Tennessee

Last edited:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I would like to add that Petersen said that Alabama can " reclaim the lead" with him the next several weeks if Saban who is now his primary recruiter can make him feel comfortable with Alabama again since his only point of contact was with Pruitt. On Rush Propst possibly heading to Tennessee in some kind of coaching capacity remains to be seen. It is worth mentioning on the very close relationship between Peterson and Propst/Pruitt. Sounds like a law firm :biggrin2:

Anyway this is the NCAA rule regarding a situation such as this:
A recruit can follow a high school coach if that college hires the coach for an "on the field" position. A recruit can not follow his high school coach if his coach takes an administrative position.

we shall see where this one goes.

edit: Peterson has never visited Tennessee
Should this be interpreted as CNS has yet to have an in home visit with Petersen? Did he not spend quality time with CNS on his official visit ?

imaloyalone

Super Moderator
Jan 9, 2005
Northport, AL
FWIW, rumor mill in South Georgia is that JJ's coach may wind up in Knoxville also.
Not just rumor mill... CRP is openly telling people that he's being courted by at least two SEC programs. Unless I'm mistaken he's supposed to be in Tuscaloosa during school break to help with offensive breakdowns.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Should this be interpreted as CNS has yet to have an in home visit with Petersen? Did he not spend quality time with CNS on his official visit ?
to me best recollection, I don't think Saban has had a home visit with Peterson yet.
we all know the power of persuasion Saban has esp with parents once he has those home visits with a recruit he wants really bad.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
It's over. He's not coming here. JP has known the kid since he was in the 8th grade. And if I'm not mistaken, this is one of Propst's players. Forget about it.
Propst today said **his coming to Bama in some type position was only hypothetical but he’s in talks with UT (saw it on an al.com’s Twitter).

Now, I see this to be Propst’s arrogant bloviating to keep himself relevant in some way. I do wonder if he’s trying to pull a quid pro quo to get in the college game (ala Gus Malzahn) as he’s apparently desired so badly. Get the kid to UT for a position on his former DCs staff.

**his above refers to Prospt not the kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Well then, if it's that much of a foregone conclusion, I would think that the staff would know it and CNS will spend his time with someone for which we have a shot .

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
For those still hopeful, all new Crystal Ball predictions on 247 are for UT. Even BOL guys are flipping to UT.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
For those still hopeful, all new Crystal Ball predictions on 247 are for UT. Even BOL guys are flipping to UT.
I'm a glass-half-full guy but this is looking less and less full going down the stretch. IDK, still think Nick has something to say about it before February.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Let him go to UT. We have great coaches who can get another stud and coach him up to be an all American.

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
Let him go to UT. We have great coaches who can get another stud and coach him up to be an all American.

The problem is that there aren't a whole lot of studs left in the 2018 recruiting cycle.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
JJ needs to know he will be committing to a school, not a coach. Choose UT if he wants. He will have an underwhelming college experience with UT in that gawd awful orange, while Alabama will continue to win, and continue to be in the playoffs with or without him.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.