2018 Prospect: #1 OLB JJ Peterson Updates

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I just get the feeling that after the 8th our staff will be full on cruitin the best of the best still unsigned and that Saban will convince this kid that the best business decision of his life is a no brainer staring him right in the face.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Well, you are correct that there are 33 uncommitted in the 150, but we were discussing linebackers and there are only 2 lbs other than peterson in the 150 list not committed.
Got it and you are correct. You did not specifically say LB, only not many studs left in '18 so ........

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I wonder what he`s waiting on? Why doesn`t he just go ahead and commit if he`s as truly locked and loaded into Pruitt and UT as just about everyone believes him to be?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Agreed that he announces for Pruitt at the game but we have three weeks to turn him. Not probable but very possible nonetheless.
Would love for that to happen, Breeze. The main concern I have is, if indeed he`s truly a lost cause, the time and effort that would be better spent on a quality kid for which we have a truly better chance.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
Once he announces Vile, move on to a LB thats wants to be Crimson. K Ruggs, is maybe not highly rated but he sure wants to wear crimson and has some talent and is not much smaller than JJ. Because there are not many highly regarded LBs left out there.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Once he announces Vile, move on to a LB thats wants to be Crimson. K Ruggs, is maybe not highly rated but he sure wants to wear crimson and has some talent and is not much smaller than JJ. Because there are not many highly regarded LBs left out there.
I think Ruggs has a lot of upside. He is undersized but can run. If we miss on JJ I think we take him.

HITIDE

1st Team
Jul 6, 2003
TRINITY, AL., USA
Utk it is,,,,,, JJ foregoes his chance to compete for a championship to play for Pruitt. It will take CJP several years to right the utk ship and he isn't guaranteed enough time.

Last edited:

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
We must remember he is a 17/18 year old and generally they don't have too much common sense. I understand he is attached to Pruitt but goodness he needs to look to his future. The cupboard is pretty bare in knoxvegas so it'll take a couple of recruiting cycles to start to get competitive with Georgia and Bama squashing them each year. Then his playing days end with nothing shiny. Sad and a shame.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.