2018 Prospect: #1 OLB JJ Peterson Updates

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Word around here (I live in the next county to where Propst coaches and our head coach is rumored to be his heir apparent) is that Probst isn’t going anywhere at this moment. Could that change, sure, but at this moment he is the Colquitt County Packer football coach.
I saw Propst and his new wife at a clinic in Birmingham last week. He looks old and worn down. Highly unlikely he would make the jump to college coaching. His window of opportunity has closed.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I'll preface this by saying I don't keep track of every new recruiting rule the NCAA hands down, however, I seem to recall reading/hearing about a rule (proposed?)that would make it more difficult, or at least less advantageous, for a college to hire a high school coach in an attempt to lure an athlete from the same high school. Perhaps something along the lines of being unable to recruit that school for a period of time? Would that apply in the Pruitt/Propst/Peterson scenario? Maybe Pruitt deems Peterson as elite enough to be worth it.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I'll preface this by saying I don't keep track of every new recruiting rule the NCAA hands down, however, I seem to recall reading/hearing about a rule (proposed?)that would make it more difficult, or at least less advantageous, for a college to hire a high school coach in an attempt to lure an athlete from the same high school. Perhaps something along the lines of being unable to recruit that school for a period of time? Would that apply in the Pruitt/Propst/Peterson scenario? Maybe Pruitt deems Peterson as elite enough to be worth it.
As long as the hire is for an on the field position, there's no issue. If the hire is for an analyst/off the field position, the program could not recruit the school for four years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
Colquitt County is a national program now, this was a “rebuilding year” for them and they lost the State Championship game on a last second fg. Not sure there is a recruit that would be worth not recruiting that place for 4 years. Their facilities are some of the best in the East and they pull players from all over (all legal of course).

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
As long as the hire is for an on the field position, there's no issue. If the hire is for an analyst/off the field position, the program could not recruit the school for four years.
Thanks for the clarification.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Colquitt County is a national program now, this was a “rebuilding year” for them and they lost the State Championship game on a last second fg. Not sure there is a recruit that would be worth not recruiting that place for 4 years. Their facilities are some of the best in the East and they pull players from all over (all legal of course).
Same at Hoover where Propst turned them into a national program. You can say what you want about the guy but he can coach and motivate and recruit ;)

mikeua69

All-American
Apr 16, 2002
Alabaster, AL
There was an article on al.com where it says he's not sure if he's going to UT now and it looks 50/50. Apparently the Saban/Tosh visit went really well.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
There was an article on al.com where it says he's not sure if he's going to UT now and it looks 50/50. Apparently the Saban/Tosh visit went really well.
Wow! Maybe that nasty color scheme in Knoxville is finally taking its toll.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.