Link: Kansas Jayhawk's Coach should be publicly reprimanded by KU's AD, IMO.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Mayfield will not start against WVU. Brave move by Riley. Anyone believe that Mayfield would not be starting if WVU had not lost their QB in this game?

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Mayfield will not start against WVU. Brave move by Riley. Anyone believe that Mayfield would not be starting if WVU had not lost their QB in this game?
Will not start? What he will sit out 1 play LOL WOW just WOW Sit him a game I would be impressed, a few plays or a series so what. Run it 3 times punt and then put him in. I say start him and make him wear a pink jersey and helmet for acting like a little girl. Now that is some fitting punishment LOL

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com
I lol'd when I read about that one. I think Mayfield gets a lot of his "bravado" from his head coach.
I had the feeling CLR was a flake before the game Sat, but after his post game interview my hunch was confirmed.

Last edited:

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
They did that to us in Athens last time we played there...Ridiculous. They all lined up by our entrance and barked and taunted...then we beat the crap out of 'em!!!
Mark Richt condoned it at Georgia every year since 2007 when playing Florida. He would let his entire team get in the face of the Florida team either before the game or after the first score and take the penalty because it "got his players fired up". :rolleyes:

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
I thought it was classless of Mayfield to plant the flag in the middle of the OSU logo. IMO, he started all of this foolishness.
Absolutely. If Baker did not want to be treated with such disrespect, then he should not have dealt his own level of disrespect (ie, flag plant, baylor game, etc). Respect given, respect earned.

Not shaking Baker's hand is not classless it was disrespectful, something he has brought on himself. I wish the KU players would have shook the other OU players hands over not shaking Baker's hand but it is what it is. Now Baker's retaliation was classless, plain and simple.

I think people are being too hard on the KU coach. Reprimand for not punishing kids for being kids? Come on, now. I would be ok if the AD had a chat with the coach, who in turn have a chat with the players about sportsmanship and respect, but that's all.

If Baker can't handle the disrespect for KU, then he is in for a world of hurt when he enters the NFL. The NFL will chew up Baker and spit him out if he doesn't grow up and mature.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Absolutely. If Baker did not want to be treated with such disrespect, then he should not have dealt his own level of disrespect (ie, flag plant, baylor game, etc). Respect given, respect earned.
I think that many in the media are glossing over this aspect. The Kansas game did not happen in a vacuum. There was a reason that their players did not want to shake his hand.

Someone said earlier this year that this stuff has to be nipped early or it escalates. It has. Mayfield started this, it was ignored by his coach, so it continued. Now players around the country who would otherwise talk about his greatness are either silent or outright disrespectful of the guy who is going to win the Heisman this year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.