Bama Vs. Barn Stats to Ruminate On. What's your take?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Pretty close but Bama leads in most stats. The old adage about this game is "The best team usually wins the IB."

This is from a @capstonekid. His account is private so I couldn't share the tweet. So I'll just take the time to enter it manually:

Scoring:
Bama #7: 41.4 ppg
Barn #17: 37.6 ppg

Scoring D:
Bama #1: 10.2 ppg
Barn #8: 16.6 ppg

Rushing O:
Bama #9: 270 ypg
Barn #18: 244 ypg

Rush D:
Bama #2: 87 ypg
Barn #16: 119 ypg

Pass O:
Bama #82: 209 ypg
Barn: #62: 232 ypg

Pass D:
Bama #3: 157 ypg
Barn #20: 184 ypg

Total O:
Bama #15: 479 ypg
Barn #17: 476 ypg

Total D:
Bama #1: 244 ypg
Barn #10: 303 ypg

Total Sacks:
Bama 30
Barn 32

Total Sacks Allowed:
Bama 20
Barn 26

Tackles for loss:
Bama 75
Barn 73

TFL allowed:
Bama 42
Barn 67

INTs on Defense:
Bama 15
Barn 6

INTs thrown:
Bama 2
Barn 4

Fumbles recovered:
Bama 4
Barn 11

Fumbles lost:
Bama 5
Barn 10

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I tried to fix it for you, but it didn't work. Is his account private now? That might be the issue.
May be. I think I figured out what to do, but when I edited it it's blank. Besides his Twitter handle there is a locked brief case...so does that mean it's locked?

I could try to copy and paste the info, but the formatting will probably get messed up. Info he has is great, though.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
May be. I think I figured out what to do, but when I edited it it's blank. Besides his Twitter handle there is a locked brief case...so does that mean it's locked?

I could try to copy and paste the info, but the formatting will probably get messed up. Info he has is great, though.
Yeah he's locked his account then. Numerous people called him out for just taking others' info and claiming it as his own, so he tried to be secretive.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Bama's better at everything but weird stuff happens in the Barn.
I hope Bama is ahead so far that the inevitable weird stuff does not matter when it happens.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The only real advantages that they have are their FG kicker and home field. Alabama is just as strong, if not stronger, everywhere else.

RammaJamma10

1st Team
Dec 5, 2006
Harvest, AL
The only real advantages that they have are their FG kicker and home field. Alabama is just as strong, if not stronger, everywhere else.
I would love Auburn to get the ball first, hit one one big play and then have our D stall them out for Carlson to come on for a 40 yard field goal, and then miss it. Would suck the air out of the place right off the bat and give us momentum that we'd hopefully never relinquish.

Of course, an opening 3 and out would just just fine as well :cool2:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I would love Auburn to get the ball first, hit one one big play and then have our D stall them out for Carlson to come on for a 40 yard field goal, and then miss it. Would suck the air out of the place right off the bat and give us momentum that we'd hopefully never relinquish.

Of course, an opening 3 and out would just just fine as well :cool2:
But if he makes it that's 3 points we've given them cheaply. Just the kind of stuff we must avoid. No easy, cheap points.

I figure Auburn will move the ball enough to put them in scoring position 4-5 times in this game. If we limit them to 3 fg attempts and 2 touchdowns that's 23 points. I think we can win the game if we'll keep it in the low 20's.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
BTW, Alabama will get at least one chance to return a punt in this game. Auburn is ranked #114 in punt return defense this year (Alabama ranked #2). Auburn is also terrible at covering kickoffs, ranked #128 (Alabama ranked #40).

So, if Scott has a good day he will more than compensate for any special teams lift that they get from Carlson.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
BTW, Alabama will get at least one chance to return a punt in this game. Auburn is ranked #114 in punt return defense this year (Alabama ranked #2). Auburn is also terrible at covering kickoffs, ranked #128 (Alabama ranked #40).

So, if Scott has a good day he will more than compensate for any special teams lift that they get from Carlson.
We could once again have J.K. Scott be player of the game. The dude can straight flip a field and pin people. Makes them call conservative and punishes risky plays to the max. Would not surprise me if Scott is our biggest weapon on Saturday.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Thanks for adding!!! In most of these categories there isn't much separation, but these two are quite significant!!!

A couple of others I'd note:

Auburn has allowed 25 more tackles for loss than Bama (67-42). That's 2 more per game and that could be significant! If the DL can reestablish the LOS into their backfield this will be huge!

The other very significant difference is we intercept the ball much more often (15 to 6). Our think our DBs need to have a great game because I think Auburn will try to test us with several downfield shots. Just hope we can take advantage and turn some of these into INTs.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.