The Redistributionist Agenda and Stakeholder Capitalism

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
You can reform the tax laws all you want but until you reform the spending, we will still have deficits so none of it will really matter. You're just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I would be interested in a federal sales tax, or a consumption tax, and eliminating a lot of the other taxes at the same time.
I will note that his PCT article and the VAT discussion in the article that I linked both assume that income taxes remain in place for those who already pay the bulk of all income taxes...probably anyone making $100K or higher...so the middle class would likely be hit pretty hard.

Last edited:

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
You can reform the tax laws all you want but until you reform the spending, we will still have deficits so none of it will really matter. You're just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.
In the column I linked, I found the discussion of stakeholder capitalism quite interesting, which might reduce the need for some spending. The idea is to reform the tax code in a way that incentivizes companies to think beyond maximizing shareholder return.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.