2017 Week 13 Game Week Thread (Practice Reports, Press Conference Updates, etc.)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I really think Alabama is up to something for this week... I think there's a chance we'll see all three back against Auburn.
listened to he presser and agree - Saban was cagey about how he handled injury questions - a lot more cagey than he normally is. Based on his answers, Miller and Lewis could both play - or neither. Heck, based on his answers almost everyone on the team might play - or might not. :biggrin:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Not sure how much Miller or Lewis would help in this game except for obvious passing downs. Mack Wilson being able to play would be a big boost. At this point I'll take whatever reinforcements we can get..

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Not sure how much Miller or Lewis would help in this game except for obvious passing downs. Mack Wilson being able to play would be a big boost. At this point I'll take whatever reinforcements we can get..
The AU QB is a disaster under pressure, so that could be HUGE. With them in the game on passing downs, you also spread out reps for other players. I don't expect Mack back, but if you got either Lewis or Miller, plus Mack, you would have a dominant LB corps on the field.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
listened to he presser and agree - Saban was cagey about how he handled injury questions - a lot more cagey than he normally is. Based on his answers, Miller and Lewis could both play - or neither. Heck, based on his answers almost everyone on the team might play - or might not. :biggrin:
I'd love to be in the coaches meetings and practices this week to know what's really going on. I hope the coaches and players can keep it a secret and I hope Auburn does not have someone sneaky who can give them information. I don't trust Auburn or Gus... he will do anything to get an advantage.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
The AU QB is a disaster under pressure, so that could be HUGE. With them in the game on passing downs, you also spread out reps for other players. I don't expect Mack back, but if you got either Lewis or Miller, plus Mack, you would have a dominant LB corps on the field.
Yep. Just makes me sick that we have all these injuries to one position in what is probably the weakest playoff field in the playoff era. If our LBs were healthy - SDH, Mack, Miller, Lewis etc - then I think Bama would win the iron bowl and SECCG easily and breeze through the playoffs. I think we still have a good chance now but will obviously be much tougher with the injuries. Be nice to get some of these guys back but not having SDH for the 2nd year in a row for the postseason is not ideal..

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Sure hope you are right and Stidham does collapse under pressure instead of having his "best game as a QB" against us like some other QB have had over the years.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I'd love to be in the coaches meetings and practices this week to know what's really going on. I hope the coaches and players can keep it a secret and I hope Auburn does not have someone sneaky who can give them information. I don't trust Auburn or Gus... he will do anything to get an advantage.
It really wouldn't matter. They are going to run their offense, and Alabama is either going to stop them, or not. Auburn hasn't changed its offensive game plan once for a game against a specific opponent under Gus.

I suspect that Saban is being cagey so they have to spend more time breaking down film and preparing for different rush techniques, but it won't change anything.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Sure hope you are right and Stidham does collapse under pressure instead of having his "best game as a QB" against us like some other QB have had over the years.
A lot more have had the worst games of their careers than the best. The only times that he saw a d-line close to yours was against LSU and Clemson - they lost both of those games.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I'M going to play in the game - or maybe not - or maybe both.

It's a special new trick play where I go in on defense in nothing but pads, helmet, and a banana-hammock and my pasty white skin reflects the sun directly into the eyes of Jarret Stidham, dazing him and allowing Terrell Lewis, Christian Miller, Duron Carter and the Ghost of Bear Bryant to strip-sack the bewildered QB and run back for a special-edition 10,000th touchdown which counts for 10 regular touchdowns. Confetti flies, I'm lifted on to the back of the team, skin gleaming, the Bear tips his hat and blows away in a soft gust of wind and according to a pre-game wager (sealed by spit-shake) the Auburn President immediately shutters the university doors and all current students are forced to go elsewhere for their education.

But I don't wanna say much more than that for risk of giving it away....

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Do you really think our game plan is going to be a lot different than it has ever been all year? We have been dominant all year doing what we do. There will obviously be a few wrinkles but to change a formula that has been amazingly efficient and dominant against a team that is not as good as us is not going to happen IMO.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

It's a special new trick play where I go in on defense in nothing but pads, helmet, and a banana-hammock and my pasty white skin reflects the sun directly into the eyes of Jarret Stidham, dazing him and allowing Terrell Lewis, Christian Miller, Duron Carter and the Ghost of Bear Bryant to strip-sack the bewildered QB and run back for a special-edition 10,000th touchdown which counts for 10 regular touchdowns. Confetti flies, I'm lifted on to the back of the team, skin gleaming, the Bear tips his hat and blows away in a soft gust of wind and according to a pre-game wager (sealed by spit-shake) the Auburn President immediately shutters the university doors and all current students are forced to go elsewhere for their education.

Forrest, it's Lieutenant Dan - lot of motion and misdirection for you to learn from the playbook this week...

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

Why didn't you just say... 'SAME AS LAST YEAR'.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL

I don't see a blue font so it must be true...

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
what exactly does Saban mean by the "functional phase" of rehab? Does that mean they are able to practice but not do every drill? I'm just not familiar with that term.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
what exactly does Saban mean by the "functional phase" of rehab? Does that mean they are able to practice but not do every drill? I'm just not familiar with that term.
Link with key quote

“Functional rehabilitation for the upper and lower extremity. ... The final phase of the functional rehabilitation program is determining when the athlete is ready to resume participation in their respective sport.”

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/7609967/

Sounds like they are VERY close!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.