JC Hassenauer Named SEC Offensive Lineman of the Week

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Correct me if I'm wrong. But isn't he somewhat of an upgrade in the running game (run blocking). I think I remember someone saying (maybe JESSN) that when he came, running to his side improved? Either way, congratulations to the young man for his accomplishment.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I think we definitely saw an improve to his side after some "hiccups" when he came in cold off the bench. Got better with blitz pick up as game went on but I would say pass protection is his relative weakness.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I expected Moses to get this for the defense this week. Did anyone outplay him?

Congrats to Hass.

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
Congrats to JC! So glad to see him get his first start and then to get the SEC OL player of the week award. How awesome!

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
This is incredible...virtually impossible to imagine that he has been sitting on the bench all year and can play like this. Hats off to him...
There are occasions when you have a player who (for whatever reason, can't explain it) doesn't really stick out in practice but when he gets in the game plays lights out. Then there's the other side of that scenario as well. There are players who light it up in practice, legitimately win the job in practice but can't translate what they've earned in practice to the game. They're called "Practice Players". I played with a guy in HS (catcher) who was the best player on the team in practice. But for whatever reason when it came to real games he transformed into a very mediocre player. I think it's a mental thing. Some players thrive when the lights come on and some players tense up.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
We called them 2pm All Americans in basketball...no one could stop them in the afternoon, but when the lights went down at night, they tightened up. He may be a "gamer" -- and I hope so since RP seems to still be hurting.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
Correct me if I'm wrong. But isn't he somewhat of an upgrade in the running game (run blocking). I think I remember someone saying (maybe JESSN) that when he came, running to his side improved? Either way, congratulations to the young man for his accomplishment.
Yes, Jess did say this and from what I've seen so far (even watching replays) he's doing a phenomenal job

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.