5 SEC teams in current top 25 AP

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
I guess the demise of the SEC was a bit premature. Then again we have had as many as 7 or 8 in top 25 so I guess the SEC is all but dead and buried LOL

Alabama #1
Auburn #6
Georgia #7
Miss St #16
LSU #19

That is five in top 20 butt the SEC is down and weak this year.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
I only care about 1.
Well then you should be happy as Bama is #1 :) I just want to know where the pundits get off saying SEC is so weak this year, I see no other conference with so many ranked so high. Seems to me we have played a few ranked teams this year and won them all. Granted FSU no longer ranked but after losing their QB in our game that is not shocking. If we keep winning we will have 2 more top ten opponents before playoff. I think that makes us a real solid #1 with NO DOUBT, if , scratch that, WHEN we beat au and uga.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Well then you should be happy as Bama is #1 :) I just want to know where the pundits get off saying SEC is so weak this year, I see no other conference with so many ranked so high. Seems to me we have played a few ranked teams this year and won them all. Granted FSU no longer ranked but after losing their QB in our game that is not shocking. If we keep winning we will have 2 more top ten opponents before playoff. I think that makes us a real solid #1 with NO DOUBT, if , scratch that, WHEN we beat au and uga.
The way that the Auburn and LSU seasons started - the media had every right to believe that the SEC was going to be very soft. For most of the season the only 2 teams in the SEC worth watching were Alabama and Georgia.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
The way that the Auburn and LSU seasons started - the media had every right to believe that the SEC was going to be very soft. For most of the season the only 2 teams in the SEC worth watching were Alabama and Georgia.
As they say in golf, it is not how you drive but how you arrive. Just hope they SEC gets a little credit for how it is now. Everyone knows the first 5 weeks rankings are not that accurate. Got to play some games to see who is really solid and who are paper tigers.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
As they say in golf, it is not how you drive but how you arrive. Just hope they SEC gets a little credit for how it is now. Everyone knows the first 5 weeks rankings are not that accurate. Got to play some games to see who is really solid and who are paper tigers.
The media was right, and they are right today. They were right to drop those teams out when they were playing like crap, and they have been right to raise them back up in the rankings as they have played better. I am not sure what you expected?

LSU lost to Troy for goodness sakes.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Oh I get the rankings, just commenting on how much the pundits was dismissing SEC the first 5-6 weeks but not a peep now at how they have gotten back up. Just my homer side coming out is all, also original post was just about how once again SEC is making a good showing through the meat of the season. This is not aboutBama as much as it is about the other 4 not getting a lot of talk. BOY right now you would think OU is #1 and a lock for the NC title LOL

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.