Link: SDS article on bleak stat...

NBF_Bama_Cavalry

All-American
Dec 2, 2002
Titus, Al, US
www.dixiebikers.com
If Alabama was going to lose because of some silly "stat", they should have lost in 2016. Alabama lost in 2007 and won in the 2 years following. Alabama lost in 2010 and won in the 2 years following. Alabama lost in 2013 and won in the 2 years following. The "stat" is meaningless because the trend was broken in 2016.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
So, I gather from the “Finebaum stat” that Auburn is mediocre to bad more often than they’re good. A logical deduction given we beaten them more times than they us [emoji3].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Alabama is 4-0 every time I watch the game alone. I am watching the game alone.
Yeah, but you need to sit in your lucky chair, eat your lucky meal, and wear your lucky tee shirt or Alabama has no chance. :biggrin:

Alabama is going to win this game. I am supremely confident.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
"Quick......let's find some completely unrelated to the issue at hand nonsense to spout as if it actually has any bearing on the game and get people to talking about the game and the totally meaningless issue....."

Amazingly enough, Alabama has won 100% of the games they were leading when the clock hit 0:00. Come to think of it, so has every team ever......so that might mean something significant perhaps....

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
The stat is complete bupkis but just wanted to throw out that the first three of those were before college football added the extra game, all of the Bama ones were after which makes it a lot easier to get to 9 wins considering usually that extra game is a cupcake for most schools. IOW, before 2006 a 9 win team was likely a better team than after 2006.

So in the 12 years in which it was easier to get to 9 wins Auburn still only managed to do it 4 times.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
The stat is complete bupkis but just wanted to throw out that the first three of those were before college football added the extra game, all of the Bama ones were after which makes it a lot easier to get to 9 wins considering usually that extra game is a cupcake for most schools. IOW, before 2006 a 9 win team was likely a better team than after 2006.

So in the 12 years in which it was easier to get to 9 wins Auburn still only managed to do it 4 times.

The other fact of the matter is that with the sole exception of 2013, Saban did not have the better team, either.

And that's what games usually come down to anyway.

(Hell, we win 2013, too, with just one better executed play among MANY at any time during the game).

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
The other fact of the matter is that with the sole exception of 2013, Saban did not have the better team, either.

And that's what games usually come down to anyway.

(Hell, we win 2013, too, with just one better executed play among MANY at any time during the game).
Hey Selma, I am trying to PM you with a question. Is there a way I can get it to you?

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
I couldn't even believe it was set forth as a "stat." It's just a random coincidence...

LINK
I already pointed this out on the Facebook page for them... and replied to ol' Finebaum about it too.

The problem is that a lot of those have the 9th win AS Saban, which is a self-fulfilling prophecy. On 5 occasions, Auburn had 8 wins and a loss to Saban.

So, in 8+Saban, they are a "not bad but not as good a story" 6-5.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Next thing you know they will bring in astrology, what phase the moon is in, whether mars was in retro grade LOL. All I know is most trends, and past games really have no bearing on a game. It comes down to who is better, and or who executes better on that day. Then toss in the bounce of the ball and other fluke things. Now the flukes mean a lot less when one team is stomping another, they are huge in close games where one play can win or lose a game. I wonder if the type and color of the coaches clothes have any patterns to wins LOL

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Stats are interesting but the main thing I worry about for this game is :
1. Will our linebackers be healthy?

2. How will the penalties that Auburn will not get called for impact the game?

3. Can we establish the run?

As long as the Stats say we are 1 point better at the end, that is what matters. It will be one of those games that makes me anxious. I already am.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.