Link: SDS article on bleak stat...

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
I don't think this "statistic" is really all that crazy. When Auburn wins 9 games it means they're good, and that's a small sample size since Auburn doesn't do it often (I only care about the games at Alabama, who cares what happened at LSU.)

2010 Auburn won the national title, 2013 was on one of the craziest, flukiest plays in CFB history.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
I'm not sure where you're getting this, but it's not from professional gamblers, who know that the odds are exactly 50-50 on each flip that a coin will turn up heads. I don't know of anyone knowledgeable who bets on freaky streaks...
While this is picking a nit, most coins actually have a 51%-52% chance of hitting one side or the other due to weight differences in the heads versus tails reliefs.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
...Amazingly enough, Alabama has won 100% of the games they were leading when the clock hit 0:00. Come to think of it, so has every team ever......so that might mean something significant perhaps....
I must be in a nit-picking mood this morning because, technically, this is incorrect. More than once has a team lost a game after leading the game when the clock hit 0:00 due to an untimed down - just ask Oklahoma State.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It turns out that Selma's In and Out boxes are full. If you don't empty them, or delete messages, you won't be able to reply...

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
Nick Saban is 4-1 vs Auburn when entering the game 11-0
AND, that one loss was on - easily - one of the weirdest FLUKE plays in the modern history of CFB. A game we'd have won at least 8 times if it was played 10 times back to back.

Just going through some more of Paul's "Devastating" stats.

2000 and 2007 - his first years at LSux and Alabama. Most 7 win teams don't beat most 9 win teams.

2002 - LSux finished 8-5. So again, its not like Saban had a vastly better team.

2004 - A season for LSux much like 2010 was for Alabama, both teams still "hung over" from a National Championship. And much like many of our close losses over the years, this one was a decided on a VERY Questionable call by the Refs!!!! (NOT that we haven't seen our share of Questionable calls in SEC games, esp. down on the pasture.........)

2010 - What can be said about this game, OR about aub's tainted 2010 "Title". Really, I can think of 200,000 reasons aub really "Should" have won, and yet, we raced to a 24-0 lead before squandering it......
Though aub does have the "Key Element" of every successful boog team of late - a transfer QB "Procured" under (at least somewhat) questionable circumstances.......

2013 - biggest Fluke in the history of Modern football. And one of several fluke wins the '13 boog team enjoyed.... It could happen again - who knows?

Biggest things in aub's favor - the many injuries that have severely limited our defense, and the FACT that Saban's Alabama teams almost always seem to play "Tight" against the barn. Hope we can shake it off quickly this year, and get down to business early in this game!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.