Game Thread: UT-Arlington Comes to Tuscaloosa

carder24

All-American
Sep 1, 2007
Huntsville, AL
Last week there was some talk about the color commentary and how McElroy was trying too hard to not be a homer. Mo Williams ain't got time for that. He was fun to listen to.
Agree, I thought Mo was great to listen to, hope we get him covering more games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I think he played 34 last night. He has a lot of Levi in him -- but he's faster....
Loved Levi, and I mean no disrespect toward him, but Herb Jones ceiling is so much higher. He's such a well rounded player. His catch and two handed dunk on the fast break reminded me of James Worthy of Laker fame. The guy is long, fast and has an extremely high basketball i.q.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Last week there was some talk about the color commentary and how McElroy was trying too hard to not be a homer. Mo Williams ain't got time for that. He was fun to listen to.
You right, Mo is not trying to hide his Crimson. Kept saying "we" and then he'd correct himself and say "Alabama."

I don't have a problem with it because ESPN obviously knew and prepared for alot of "Mo" time in the broadcast.

Doubt they'd use him in a conference game and if they do he'd have to play it much more neutral. But I will say he was tough on Bama in the first half when they were going thru the motions. UAT outplayed them in the first half and Mo said it several times.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
One more thing on Jones....did that 5 second call late in the game seem quick? It seemed to me that he was moving that arm awfully fast. On the replay, I counted and just counted to three when the whistle blew.
I think the count was correct but very fast. Looked fast even in slow motion; like the ref was too excited.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.