CFN - Alabama vs Auburn Prediction...

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
The analysis isn't bad, though I think both teams score more than that.
I think the game will be more high scoring than this prediction as well. Reading this analysis, I realize how underrated the Alabama offense is. If we wanted to get into a shootout with a team we could, but that's not what our gameplan is. We want to control the tempo of the game and wear down the opponent. We have been able to do that almost flawlessly with the exception of the Mississippi State game. And even then, we didn't struggle offensively, our defense just got worn out until our offense was able to restore order with a long drive.

I think our defense will struggle to stop them consistently, but I just don't think our offense will struggle in this game with the confidence and dynamic play-making ability that Hurts has. As long as we avoid stupid penalties and don't turn the ball over then I think we win by 10 or more.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Bama hasn’t allowed a touchdown pass in its last fauve* games.
How many fauve games has Bama played?

* any of a group of French artists of the early 20th century whose works are characterized chiefly by the use of vivid colors in immediate juxtaposition and contours usually in marked contrast to the color of the area defined.

This is not even an editor problem. A spell-checker will ask you what the heck you mean by this.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
With all the talk about injuries to our defense I think it comes down to how well our OL performs. Could Auburn possibly score 30 against us? They are explosive and with our LB issues they could. That means our OL has to open a few holes and also give Jalen just enough time to get rid of the football so we can possibly score 30. I also think it will be higher scoring than CFN predicts but I'll take a win by any score. Like some others I'll feel better when crimsonaudio chimes in.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I heard an analyst frame the game like this. On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being a perfect game, Alabama's range (considering the linebacker injuries) is 8.0-9.0. AU's range is 6.5-9.5. I think that pretty much encapsulates how I feel about this game. AU can win this game but they'll have to be at their best and we'll have to play pretty average by our standards. The only chance for a blowout in this game is if Alabama pours it on AU. Otherwise it's a close Bama win or a close AU win. Just don't see anyway we get blown out..

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
How many fauve games has Bama played?

* any of a group of French artists of the early 20th century whose works are characterized chiefly by the use of vivid colors in immediate juxtaposition and contours usually in marked contrast to the color of the area defined.

This is not even an editor problem. A spell-checker will ask you what the heck you mean by this.
Not sure what to make of this, but I HATE ORANGE

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Auburn's Defense has played 762 plays this year. Bama's has played 688. That's an extra 74 plays, or basically the equivalency of 5 additional quarters of football.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2017/team/37/total/defense/split.html
Auburn Defensive Split Stats

http://www.cfbstats.com/2017/team/8/total/defense/split.html
Alabama Defensive Split Stats

Now, I know that numbers don't always tell the story. But, looking at the two charts....one number jumped out at me....

In conference, Auburn is giving up 4.83 yards per play on Defense
In conference, Bama is giving up 3.78 yards per play on Defense

If Auburn is giving up an extra yard per play -- that's at least an 80-90 yard gap.....

They aren't running a ton more plays than us....they averaged 72 plays/game. We averaged 69 plays/game.

They aren't going to tire us out....the odds of their Defense being a little more tired - is pretty possible. They had more tough games than we had. Their defensive studs got way more snaps....

We shall see -- but I'm guessing that they "fired their musket" so to speak in the UGA game.... not sure how much they have left....

tidegrandpa

All-American
Just hope you guys are right, my first Bama/Auburn was 1961 and have seen a lot of unexpected things.

We have a offensive line that is patched a little, and linebackers that are learning on the go. If we don't get pressure, they can throw deep on us.

Our QB does things their's can't, I think and hope that will be the difference.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
This deserves to be mentioned:
Does Jeremy Pruitt have Auburn’s number?
Pruitt, who played at Alabama and later was a position coach under Nick Saban, is 4-0 against Auburn as a defensive coordinator. That includes a win over the Tigers in the 2014 BCS National Championship Game when he was with Florida State, victories in 2014 and 2015 when he was at Georgia and in 2016 at Alabama.
Here's to hoping that Coach Pruitt hates the Barn as much as I do (which is a considerable amount).

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.