Gus To Arkansas is Becoming More Of A Reality

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
If Auburn were to somehow win the IB and the SECCG then I see no reason for malzahn to leave. He has a pretty good program their. If he loses to Bama but still wins his bowl game (going 10-3) and he is heavily criticized then he should jump. There is nothing wrong with 10-3 at Auburn. If they complain about this then he has every reason to leave.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
If Auburn were to somehow win the IB and the SECCG then I see no reason for malzahn to leave. He has a pretty good program their. If he loses to Bama but still wins his bowl game (going 10-3) and he is heavily criticized then he should jump. There is nothing wrong with 10-3 at Auburn. If they complain about this then he has every reason to leave.
your logic will not fly with barners!

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Sexton probably won't let Guster deny it, even if it is just to have the leverage to finagle more money and a contract extension out of the East Alabama Male College.... Gus is going to have to go with some weak statement like "I've had no discussions with Arkansas. As far as I know, Bert is their head football coach."

I know those guys down there think Lee County is the center of the football universe, but they are the only ones. There are a lot of reasons for Gus to move the Bus to Arkansas. There are even more reasons why Arkansas would be looking into it, even without a hint he could be interested. I guarantee you Sexton would take their calls -- that's his job.

And bringing Bobby "Wild Hogs" Petrino to Lee County sounds exactly like something the Dye/Lowder posse would do. I mean, they already tried it once.

It's hilarious.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Sexton probably won't let Guster deny it, even if it is just to have the leverage to finagle more money and a contract extension out of the East Alabama Male College.... Gus is going to have to go with some weak statement like "I've had no discussions with Arkansas. As far as I know, Bert is their head football coach."

I know those guys down there think Lee County is the center of the football universe, but they are the only ones. There are a lot of reasons for Gus to move the Bus to Arkansas. There are even more reasons why Arkansas would be looking into it, even without a hint he could be interested. I guarantee you Sexton would take their calls -- that's his job.

And bringing Bobby "Wild Hogs" Petrino to Lee County sounds exactly like something the Dye/Lowder posse would do. I mean, they already tried it once.

It's hilarious.
IF somehow this is all true, Auburn will become if not already the biggest hot mess in all of D1 athletics. with the softball scandal , the BB P4P situation, and the continuous rumor of Gus leaving, the hits keep coming for the loveliest village on the plains..

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
I'm trying to think of the fanbases on the SEC that would be unhappy with a 10-3 season with a win over number 1 ranked Georgia. Alabama, LSU, Florida, and Georgia should be the only ones that expect more, and only one (Alabama) expects more on a yearly basis. The rest only expect better one out of 4 years.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I doubt they'd ever hire Petrino.....looks like "click bait"
It might be clickbait, but I think they'd absolutely hire Petrino.

They hired Bruce Pearl when he was under an active show cause. They hired Clint Meyers when his and his son's behavior were known in softball circles. They named their football field after a guy they were forced to fire for cheating.

What's a little infidelity, a few lies to cover it up, and a little HR liability among The Family? I mean, after all, she was kinda hawt.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Arkansas plays Friday so if Bielema gets fired shortly after the game then speculation will really be running hot on Saturday right before the IB. Possibly a distraction for the Auburn team.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
There's nothing with 10-3 any where.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.