Gus To Arkansas is Becoming More Of A Reality

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Jacobs Hired Pearl. He is heading out the door. The barn would never hire Petrino.
If it were an Athletic Department at a school within light years of being normal, I'd agree.

But the nominal Athletic Director (Jacobs) didn't hire Pearl any more than you or I did.

Jacobs doesn't (didn't) wipe his nose without checking with Pat Dye first. Who just happens to be the fired cheating coach for whom the field is named. You can bet Dye checked in with Bobby Lowder before getting back to Jacobs.

Ordinarily, your logic would be 100% sound. But you're dealing with The Mad Hatter (Dye), the Cheshire Cat (Lowder), and the Queen of Hearts (Jacobs).

Logic just doesn't apply in either Wonderland or Auburn.

fireater

All-SEC
Oct 12, 2008
Laramie, WY
Rumor, hearsay, and speculation. From Mississippi State folks in Fayetteville last weekend. With connections to local area. Mrs. Gus bus already has put a down payment on a house. Just saying....

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Rumor, hearsay, and speculation. From Mississippi State folks in Fayetteville last weekend. With connections to local area. Mrs. Gus bus already has put a down payment on a house. Just saying....
Supposedly Terri Saban did the same thing in Austin, lol. And you know the veracity of that report. [emoji849].

I’ll believe this move when I see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.