Report: Texas A&M to fire Kevin Sumlin after regular season finale

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
No surprise there. They owed him the rest of the season with a young team but there just wasn't enough there to keep him when he'd already dug himself a deep hole. Key here: young team. If the next staff is competent and can hold onto their core then they ought to be good in year 1 or 2.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Well I think they could outbid anyone in the Chip Kelly sweepstakes. Question is, will a huge salary win him over?

carder24

All-American
Sep 1, 2007
Huntsville, AL
They want in on the Chip Kelly sweepstakes. I still don’t believe their boosters will quit meddling enough but, they are gonna try their Sunday best.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...elly-with-florida-ucla-mysterious-third-team/
have a feeling that whoever wins this sweepstakes will be the loser, do you think atm is confident enough with so many openings to fire sumlin win or lose without already having their guy lined up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Apparently everyone in the SEC West thinks they should be winning at least 9 games a season every season despite having to play each other round-robin lol. Good luck...

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
Report: Texas A&M to fire Kevin Sumlin after regular season finale

While it may have been understood that Sumlin was going to be let go at the end of the year I think it’s awful to let this out to the public. It’s bad enough to get canned but to give the world a heads up is just unnecessary. Can you imagine going to your job and your boss telling you you’d be fired in the next few days?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Re: Report: Texas A&M to fire Kevin Sumlin after regular season finale

While it may have been understood that Sumlin was going to be let go at the end of the year I think it’s awful to let this out to the public. It’s bad enough to get canned but to give the world a heads up is just unnecessary. Can you imagine going to your job and your boss telling you you’d be fired in the next few days?
I get what you are saying, but this happens every day in the real world. These guys get paid a lifetime's salary for a year's work. This is no big deal. And it's not like he won't land another job.

On the plus side - all of his assistants and their families can now start looking for employment. They get a head start, and they are the ones most impacted by these coaching changes.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.