Breaking News: LBs Miller , Lewis, and Wilson All Back At Practice Today

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
Those guys must have really worked extra hard to get back. Hats off to them. I know a lot of people were praying for their recovery.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Best part about Lewis and Miller is that.. we don't need them to play all snaps... just do 10 snaps and they'll affect the QB easily. Having Mack is huge... Mack wouldn't have to play a lot if moses does well. The chance of beating Auburn went up from 50 percent to 75 percent.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I hope they are ready to roll, but if they're not 100% I wouldn't play them.
It's kind of like the Clemson Quarterback against Syracuse. Their fans were thrilled that he could play, "Even if he wasn't 100%".
After the game almost everyone was saying, I can't believe Dabo put that kid in that position".
We've got players like Dylan Moses who are more than capable of stepping up, but hey, if the other guys are truly ready to return then Roll Tide Roll! And thank goodness!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I hope they are ready to roll, but if they're not 100% I wouldn't play them.
It's kind of like the Clemson Quarterback against Syracuse. Their fans were thrilled that he could play, "Even if he wasn't 100%".
After the game almost everyone was saying, I can't believe Dabo put that kid in that position".
We've got players like Dylan Moses who are more than capable of stepping up, but hey, if the other guys are truly ready to return then Roll Tide Roll! And thank goodness!
No one on any team is 100% at this point in the season. If they are cleared, they should play - just like every other player who is going to take the field for every other team across the country.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Didn’t Mack break his foot only a month ago? I know these guys are elite athletes but a month seems mighty quick to come back from a break. Anyone know if that’s standard recovery time for the type of injury Mack had?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Didn’t Mack break his foot only a month ago? I know these guys are elite athletes but a month seems mighty quick to come back from a break. Anyone know if that’s standard recovery time for the type of injury Mack had?
Depends on the bone and person...and all these athletes are kinda freakish genetically AND they're getting the best medical care possible.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
So funny, I got a haircut today at lunchtime and my barber (big Bama fan) says "Well I heard the Wilson kid is probably going to play" and I was like "nah, maybe Miller but not Wilson and probably not Lewis." I'm going to call him Nostradamus next time I go in. I've never been so happy to be so wrong!

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
I've not seen many details on his foot injury at all. Yes, it seems soon, but a broken bone in a foot covers a wide range of possibilities and he has access to treatment and training that the average person probably wouldn't. I certainly don't expect him to play anything like every down, if any at all.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
I've not seen many details on his foot injury at all. Yes, it seems soon, but a broken bone in a foot covers a wide range of possibilities and he has access to treatment and training that the average person probably wouldn't. I certainly don't expect him to play anything like every down, if any at all.
Well he had surgery on it, which probably means a plate and screws. It's probably stable enough, now it's just a matter of pain tolerance I figure. Remember Julio had a broken hand requiring surgery and never missed a game. :eek2:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I tend to think that Lewis and Miller will probably just be rotational players if they do play. Could make a huge difference because we've been sore for OLB depth and it has kinda showed up in the sack numbers from that position this season. Also, my guess would be that Wilson would be a spell player for what has become a very thin ILB rotation (3 players for 2 positions w/o Wilson).

rtrbama1

1st Team
May 31, 2015
It was 18 days ago. Saban said at the time it would be 4-6 weeks.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Fully healthy, Mack Wilson is better than Dylan Moses. But is Dylan Moses at 100% better or worse at this point in his maturation than a dinged-up Mack Wilson?

Will they take the redshirt off Miller and Lewis? If so, can either or both shake off enough rust to be better than the guys who have been filling in for 2.5 months?

I don't know if any or all of Miller, Lewis, or Wilson will play.

If one or more do, I don't know how effective they can be vs. their fully healthy backups. But it looks like we're about to find out, and at least the option is out there.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
It was 18 days ago. Saban said at the time it would be 4-6 weeks.
Thanks, I remember when it happened that based on what Saban said that we probably wouldn’t have him back until the playoffs or bowl season. Just couldn’t recall the details of the recovery timeline. So if he plays it would be about a 3 week recovery instead of 4-6. Sounds reasonable..

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
If Miller and Lewis play Saturday and continue to play out the year. They will have competed in 4-5 games and not be eligible for a redshirt. I think the most they could play in is 3-4. Not sure exactly what the % is.

BamaGreek

All-American
Jan 6, 2007
Brentwood, TN
Best part about Lewis and Miller is that.. we don't need them to play all snaps... just do 10 snaps and they'll affect the QB easily. Having Mack is huge... Mack wouldn't have to play a lot if moses does well. The chance of beating Auburn went up from 50 percent to 75 percent.
I agree 100 pct! I'm thinkin they could play more than 10 snaps but definitely limited snaps regardless. Like you said, either of those guys could affect the game on one snap. This would be huge for the team and the players in question if they can play at least 3 games maybe 4 and make plays for the defense. I'm getting excited just thinking about it! Roll Tide!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
If Miller and Lewis play Saturday and continue to play out the year. They will have competed in 4-5 games and not be eligible for a redshirt. I think the most they could play in is 3-4. Not sure exactly what the % is.
They won't be here long enough for that to matter either way more than likely.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.