Breaking News: LBs Miller , Lewis, and Wilson All Back At Practice Today

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
If we play our guys that are 100% healthy we'll win the game.
If we play our guys that "might be ok", we won't.
I'm sure our coaching and medical staff is on top of the situation and they will figure it out.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
3 things,1 all players want to play even when hurt. 2 Medical team will say who can play without further injury, just may be a pain thing. 3 and most important,Nick will not play a player if it could do more damage to an injury. I have never seen or heard of any time he has ever done that. If they are physically up to play and ready they will play. If they are not healthy enough medically they will not play. Anyone who thinks otherwise has not followed Saban. he wants to win but I have never even heard a rumor of him risking a players health or future for a game. Saturday we will know who is ready and medically cleared, they will see action. If they are not ready or medically clear they will not see the field. I like most fans want the best HEALTHY players to play, otherwise we will get by with backups. No kids future is worth one game. ROLL TIDE and here is to hoping they can play. But only if it does not put their health in jeopardy.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If we play our guys that are 100% healthy we'll win the game.
If we play our guys that "might be ok", we won't.
I'm sure our coaching and medical staff is on top of the situation and they will figure it out.
Again, no player in America is 100% healthy right now. I know that you played the game - maybe you just forgot what it is all about. These kids may never get another chance to play for a championship at any level. They are all going to want to play, and all of the ones who are healthy enough (read here, not necessarily 100%) will play.

That is football. The stuff that you are writing about is not football. Never was.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I heard or read in the last week that last year Bama got 20 sacks from the outside LBs (primarily Williams and Anderson), this year the have 1. Idk and have not verified it, but that is a massive difference if true. Maybe someone here knows. Lewis and Wilson are game-changers at full speed. Miller will play in the NFL.
It is accurate. Mosley and Jennings have mostly been "stable" players at their positions. Jennings, was always thought to be more of Denzel Devall type who wouldn't get many sacks but would rack up tackles and TFLs in the run game. Mosley is a former walk-on who was suppose to kinda be a depth guy across the linebacker corp instead of a starter at SOLB. We lost a ton of potential in replacing Williams and Anderson when Lewis and Miller went down. They technically were both at SOLB but I imagine if each progressed as the preseason suggested they would then they'd be on the field together a bunch with their hand in the dirt.

Needless to say, 10-15 snaps from each on Saturday could be very meaningful if they can perform at a high level in short burst. They're probably not in top conditioning right now which is the biggest concern from Saban by the sound of it. If they know the gameplan, I think they'll play but limited snaps. I bet they only see the field on 3rd and longs.

Last edited:

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Again, no player in America is 100% healthy right now. I know that you played the game - maybe you just forgot what it is all about. These kids may never get another chance to play for a championship at any level. They are all going to want to play, and all of the ones who are healthy enough (read here, not necessarily 100%) will play.

That is football. The stuff that you are writing about is not football. Never was.
If you can't run, you can't run. If you can't hit or take a hit, guess what?
It's not your fault, you're INJURED.
There's a difference between being "hurt" and being "injured".
Our guys in question are actually "injured".
It doesn't matter if it's the Super Bowl or if your life depends on it or if it's the one chance in your lifetime or what.....
If you're injured you are injured.
You can't help it and the coaches will not and should not expect you to perform or even play.
We're going to beat Auburn because of our depth and the ability of our younger guys to come through.
We have no need to risk the futures of our injured players.
That's how good we are.
Hopefully Ohio State won't lose another 30 point game. If they do, and have three losses, they may actually be out of consideration for the playoff, although I doubt it.

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Saban stated tonight on his radio show 17+ freshman have played this year

Last edited:

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Guys they aren’t going to play, not even for one snap, unless they can help us win the game. I think it’s only a positive thing that there’s even a chance of it happening and we should be celebrating it.

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Probably the most opportune place for a physically talented player that has been out to come in and contribute would be as an edge rusher like Lewis or Miller; a couple of timely sacks or TFL could be BIG.
We shall see.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I just kinda take exception to the insinuation - intentional or unintentional - that Saban would play guys who weren't cleared by medical. They're in black jerseys today which is the last real full practice before the game. It isn't exactly a slam dunk that they play given that fact but they most certainly will not play if they're not comfortable with their ability to take contact yet.

BamaFanTN

3rd Team
Mar 1, 2011
Melbourne, FL
If I remember correctly, Lewis and Miller both had upper body injury. They have likely been doing conditioning for a while now and might be in better shape than many people think.

I just kinda take exception to the insinuation - intentional or unintentional - that Saban would play guys who weren't cleared by medical. They're in black jerseys today which is the last real full practice before the game. It isn't exactly a slam dunk that they play given that fact but they most certainly will not play if they're not comfortable with their ability to take contact yet.
Why have Wilson in with the starters though? [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Why have Wilson in with the starters though? [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]
Maybe because they only wore the black no contact jersey during the media viewing and then practiced normally after they left? Not sure but it’s a good question. Hope they can play some. I’m not getting my hopes too high until I see them in the game. The possibility is exciting though.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.