Breaking News: LBs Miller , Lewis, and Wilson All Back At Practice Today

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Just out of curiosity, what is the time frame on rehab for SDH? I don't doubt that he is looking at those other guys being close to playing and thinking about a faster than normal recovery himself.
Hamilton is a senior who tore his ACL late in the season. Even with today's advanced medicine, that's a 9-12 month injury. He won't be back in the 50-60 days that would be necessary for him to play in the playoff final, should we be so fortunate as to be there.

When he comes back, it will not be in Tuscaloosa. His football future is in the NFL.

Wishing him all the best, but he has played his last down for the University of Alabama.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Hamilton is a senior who tore his ACL late in the season. Even with today's advanced medicine, that's a 9-12 month injury. He won't be back in the 50-60 days that would be necessary for him to play in the playoff final, should we be so fortunate as to be there.

When he comes back, it will not be in Tuscaloosa. His football future is in the NFL.

Wishing him all the best, but he has played his last down for the University of Alabama.
I thought it was a broken knee cap?

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
It was. He tore the ACL in the same knee in December of last year, late in the season. That's probably where the confusion is. Luckily there's no ACL damage this time.
Yep. And there was speculation about his patellar tendon which is often involved so it was confusing. I doubt if will even be able to participate in the combine.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
I thought I read an article that said there was no tendon involvement. Hopefully, that is the case.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
He has a broken kneecap which has already surgery on. Never heard the extent of the break.

I think it's a testament to how strong his knee was reconstructed that he didn't sustain any ligament damage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

smith5753

1st Team
Sep 12, 2010
Guntersville , AL
I wonder why Mack would get the 1st team reps if we didn't feel he would be ready to go? Seems like Dylan would get those reps.
It was a few days ago now, maybe I'm remembering the article wrong and Mack was just first in line for drills or something. That would be less important in my mind.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I wonder why Mack would get the 1st team reps if we didn't feel he would be ready to go? Seems like Dylan would get those reps.
It was a few days ago now, maybe I'm remembering the article wrong and Mack was just first in line for drills or something. That would be less important in my mind.
We have no idea since the media viewing period is so short how many reps he took with the 1s.

MemphisBamaDude

1st Team
Nov 12, 2008
Memphis, TN
I'm sure the guys aren't 100%. But I have to think they will play some. Personally, I don't see the genius in advertising certain guys will play and not playing them. Sure, it's one more thing that Auburn has to prepare for I suppose. IMO, It'd be one thing if it were a game day surprise for them to play. That would really throw them off. But to have a game day surprise for them NOT to play? Much easier adjustment.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I'm sure the guys aren't 100%. But I have to think they will play some. Personally, I don't see the genius in advertising certain guys will play and not playing them. Sure, it's one more thing that Auburn has to prepare for I suppose. IMO, It'd be one thing if it were a game day surprise for them to play. That would really throw them off. But to have a game day surprise for them NOT to play? Much easier adjustment.
I have no idea what he knows, but Tebow said today that he expects Alabama to have most of its LBs back for this game.

Mack was in on dime defense with the first team. You remembered correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]

smith5753

1st Team
Sep 12, 2010
Guntersville , AL
Mack was in on dime defense with the first team. You remembered correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]
Thanks JBama I thought that's how it was. That makes me think Mack gets meaningful minutes on defense. He is the biggest need of the the three injured to make calls and align the defense. Here's to hoping all three make some kind of positive impact tomorrow! RTR!

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Auburn better prepare for everything and everyone, I think we will see some fun play calling tomorrow. I can bet aubs are wondering not only who will play but what plays will be run. It is all or nothing tomorrow, kind of. We need this game win, so look for all stops to be pulled out on both sides of the ball.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
How does having or not having particular LB’s back affect AU’s practicing and preparation? Seems like they would prepare the same but maybe call different in the game if they think there is a weakness.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
How does having or not having particular LB’s back affect AU’s practicing and preparation? Seems like they would prepare the same but maybe call different in the game if they think there is a weakness.
Exactly right. It helps Alabama to have the players back, but it doesn't change Auburn's preparation.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Auburn better prepare for everything and everyone, I think we will see some fun play calling tomorrow. I can bet aubs are wondering not only who will play but what plays will be run. It is all or nothing tomorrow, kind of. We need this game win, so look for all stops to be pulled out on both sides of the ball.
Yeah, I expect Auburn to play fastball tomorrow. Try to run a lot of plays and get our defense tired in the 4th quarter a la Clemson. We need a few long drives to give our D rest. I think we should go slow and try to use every second of the play clock. I think up-tempo would be a mistake.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Yeah, I expect Auburn to play fastball tomorrow. Try to run a lot of plays and get our defense tired in the 4th quarter a la Clemson. We need a few long drives to give our D rest. I think we should go slow and try to use every second of the play clock. I think up-tempo would be a mistake.
Disagree - Alabama's offense is most effective when you go fast, and you need to score. The key is first down defense for both teams. You can't go fast if you get stuffed on first down.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.