Breaking News: LBs Miller , Lewis, and Wilson All Back At Practice Today

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017
I tend to think that Lewis and Miller will probably just be rotational players if they do play. Could make a huge difference because we've been sore for OLB depth and it has kinda showed up in the sack numbers from that position this season. Also, my guess would be that Wilson would be a spell player for what has become a very thin ILB rotation (3 players for 2 positions w/o Wilson).
This is going to be a huge emotional lift for the team, regardless of how much they play.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
No one on any team is 100% at this point in the season. If they are cleared, they should play - just like every other player who is going to take the field for every other team across the country.
I guess if we were coaches, we'd disagree. I wouldn't take a chance on their future chances at the NFL for one college football game no matter how much it meant.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
If Wilson is health enough to play the middle in the dime and allow us to have Evans edge rush on 3rd & long - that would be HUGE!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Saban just said on his radio show that SDH wants to play. I thought he was for sure out for the season including potentially the playoffs..

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I guess if we were coaches, we'd disagree. I wouldn't take a chance on their future chances at the NFL for one college football game no matter how much it meant.
Medical isn't going to clear them if there was a risk for complications that would further damage them.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Saban just said on his radio show that SDH wants to play. I thought he was for sure out for the season including potentially the playoffs..
I'm sure he wants to play and would give anything to play....but he's not capable...
Let's get him well and give him a future.
We're going to kick Auburn's butt regardless.
We are so much better than anybody gives us credit for...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Sip, you have made your point on this many time. In the end, kids is willing to risk it all because it is part of t
Who they are. If we go by your belief, then Julio Jones, Cam Robinson, Kenyan Drake, and others wouldn't play after their injuries.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
That would be the greatest thing since Andrew Zow coming out and dropping dimes in the 2001 game
I was at that game. All week the media said we were going to get killed (two or three TD’s). At the end of the game about 10,000 Bama fans were in the end zone singing Rammer Jammer at the top of their lungs (I couldn’t talk the next day).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Are they released medically though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]

I have to believe so, otherwise you'd think they wouldn't be out there practicing...

Listening to "Hey Coach", and Coach was his usual careful self to draw a distinction between being medically cleared, and being "ready to play" in a game, where they would not be a liability to the team, and can meaningfully contribute.

So, that begs the question, are they ready to go Coach?

I have to believe so, otherwise you'd think they wouldn't be out there practicing...

Listening to "Hey Coach", and Coach was his usual careful self to draw a distinction between being medically cleared, and being "ready to play" in a game, where they would not be a liability to the team, and can meaningfully contribute.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
I heard or read in the last week that last year Bama got 20 sacks from the outside LBs (primarily Williams and Anderson), this year the have 1. Idk and have not verified it, but that is a massive difference if true. Maybe someone here knows. Lewis and Wilson are game-changers at full speed. Miller will play in the NFL.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.