11essee WR Jauan Jennings dismissed from team

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala
He was probably upset Fulmer ate all the teams donuts.

I watched the video, and yeah, he definitely talks about the coaching staff like they're the village idiots. If nothing else, you can't blame them for booting him for his sheer disrespect.

Back in the 90's, Jamal Lewis caused a controversy for saying similar things about Phillip Fulmer, but I don't remember the context.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Well, I watched the video and to be honest, if you can't keep your mouth shut for the time being and take your concerns to the AD after the season is over since you already know Jones is gone, then honestly, he deserved to be cut. I know a school that he would fit their mold, but it's not Bama. What a moron.
I watched it too.
My impression is that it was youthful stupidity, but I have some reservations about kicking him off team unless he asked to be dismissed. I'll bet there aren't many players who disagree with him, and seeing him get booted for saying out loud what they all think is probably just going to lead to more dissension. The week after the coach everyone hates gets fired, it's probably better to try to talk to this frustrated young man than to kick him out. That's like punishing a kid for acting out while his parents are getting divorced.

As for the language, LOL, gonna need to get a translator for all the use of the n-word.

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL
Scuttlebutt on VolNation is that Jennings asked Hoke to let him play against Vandy. Apparently he's been injured the majority of the season and Hoke told him NO! No one seems to know what happened next, but the prevailing thought is he blasted Hoke, who then went to the AD.
The video is apparently shot after he was dismissed for what/how he said what he said to Hoke.
If that's true, I agree on sending him packing.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I’ve looked for the video but haven’t found it. My computer is having trouble loading pages the past couple of days.

The Vols are not bowl eligible so their season is over on Saturday. If all the guy did was disrespect the coaching staff, doesn’t it make more sense to give him a one game suspension?

Is there anything other than frustration that would cause a player to make such a video? If so, he needs guidance, not dismissal. I bet Coach Saban would have handled this “internally.”

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL
I’ve looked for the video but haven’t found it. My computer is having trouble loading pages the past couple of days.

The Vols are not bowl eligible so their season is over on Saturday. If all the guy did was disrespect the coaching staff, doesn’t it make more sense to give him a one game suspension?

Is there anything other than frustration that would cause a player to make such a video? If so, he needs guidance, not dismissal. I bet Coach Saban would have handled this “internally.”
A site called "Rocky Top Insider" had a recording of the video up this morning

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
He definitely needs a 10 year contract with a $50 million buyout.

No blue font.
I think Brady Hoke is an "ok" type of coach. He did well @ Ball State & San Diego St. and ran into a mess a Michigan. Even there he had a little success even beating Ohio St. (Yes, I know they were on probation). Giving the financial situation @ UT I think this is the type of coach they'll get. Also the SECe is a hot mess right now he could lead them to 9-3 every year and might get to 10 with a bowl win. I understand they have wealthy boosters, but I don't think this job is attractive to a big name coach right now. That might change, and I could be proven wrong. I don't see a big name who has a big buy out making his way to UT. Do I think this will actually happen? Of course not, just saying UT could do worse that's for sure. Stranger things have happened. Plus, Bama would continue its domination over them as long as he would be there ;).

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
I think Brady Hoke is an "ok" type of coach. He did well @ Ball State & San Diego St. and ran into a mess a Michigan. Even there he had a little success even beating Ohio St. (Yes, I know they were on probation). Giving the financial situation @ UT I think this is the type of coach they'll get. Also the SECe is a hot mess right now he could lead them to 9-3 every year and might get to 10 with a bowl win. I understand they have wealthy boosters, but I don't think this job is attractive to a big name coach right now. That might change, and I could be proven wrong. I don't see a big name who has a big buy out making his way to UT. Do I think this will actually happen? Of course not, just saying UT could do worse that's for sure. Stranger things have happened. Plus, Bama would continue its domination over them as long as he would be there ;).
If they hired Hoke as their full time coach the Vol fans might riot in the streets.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
He definitely needs a 10 year contract with a $50 million buyout.

No blue font.
Eventually, reality will sink in, and 11RC will realize they are not a destination, for any "name" coach. Hoke is about as good as they are going to get, so they might as well go "all in", and get it over with.

Then the meltdown can resume..................and it will be glorious!

HMM

All-SEC
Sep 1, 2007
Champion of life alright, I watched his rant. Wasn't as bad as I was expecting but definitely not someone I'd say has a 5 star heart...lol

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.