11essee WR Jauan Jennings dismissed from team

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I might look at listening to the kid and seeing what he may offer as a possible transfer.
The buzz I'm hearing out of Knoxville is that Butch wasn't the good person he tried to come across as ....
Not recommending it, just saying Jennings may not be the villain in this particular movie scene.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
So an interim coach (in conjunction with the AD) dismissed one of the more high profile players on the team. Interesting dynamic there. Not sure I remember that happening..

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Wow, when the wheels came off for UT this year they really went down quickly. No winning season, no bowl game, no head coach, no discipline! I have no sympathy for these guys.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I might look at listening to the kid and seeing what he may offer as a possible transfer.
The buzz I'm hearing out of Knoxville is that Butch wasn't the good person he tried to come across as ....
Not recommending it, just saying Jennings may not be the villain in this particular movie scene.
I have no sources, but the mounting number of accusers leads me to think the same.

Whereas I recently thought Jones was a decent guy, just not terribly bright, and in over his head, I'm now finding the mounting number of folks saying he is a lying snake hard to ignore.

Karma is a rabid female dog in heat, and the truth will come out. It will be interesting to see what that truth is.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I have no sources, but the mounting number of accusers leads me to think the same.

Whereas I recently thought Jones was a decent guy, just not terribly bright, and in over his head, I'm now finding the mounting number of folks saying he is a lying snake hard to ignore.

Karma is a rabid female dog in heat, and the truth will come out. It will be interesting to see what that truth is.
Indeed

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
The link is available at various locations, but it's most definitely NSFW. Jennings pretty much unloaded on the outgoing coaching staff, begging the administration to find someone who can actually coach.

Also, the boy could definitely do with an elocution lesson or twenty.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
I have no clue as to what all went wrong, but it seems pretty much everything about UT is wrong right now. Like the videos above, this is a dumpster fire on a crashing train going off a cliff.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
The link is available at various locations, but it's most definitely NSFW. Jennings pretty much unloaded on the outgoing coaching staff, begging the administration to find someone who can actually coach.

With all due respect...he's a young man and a student athlete...and statements like you make make you look like you need an elocution lesson or twenty

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Watched the video...I’d say he was upset. But wonder what he’d do if someone called him that word he repeated like 50 times....needs to clean it up.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Jennings has always seemed like a hothead to me from watching him in high school all the way up til now. Even if he could be correct in his assessment of the coaching staff at UT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
So an interim coach (in conjunction with the AD) dismissed one of the more high profile players on the team. Interesting dynamic there. Not sure I remember that happening..
Three days before the season is over. It is just strange.

Edit....I just saw his video. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Sounds like the interim coach kicked one of the best players off the team because he wanted to play against Vanderbilt.

Good work, Vols. You’ve turned the corner. Good work.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Sounds like the interim coach kicked one of the best players off the team because he wanted to play against Vanderbilt.

Good work, Vols. You’ve turned the corner. Good work.
Good coaching. Think he should go from interim to permanent head coach.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Well, I watched the video and to be honest, if you can't keep your mouth shut for the time being and take your concerns to the AD after the season is over since you already know Jones is gone, then honestly, he deserved to be cut. I know a school that he would fit their mold, but it's not Bama. What a moron.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Yah I tried to avoid posting the link directly. I figure someone who really wants to see it will find it...

Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA
I watched the video, and yeah, he definitely talks about the coaching staff like they're the village idiots. If nothing else, you can't blame them for booting him for his sheer disrespect.

Back in the 90's, Jamal Lewis caused a controversy for saying similar things about Phillip Fulmer, but I don't remember the context.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.