Poll: Whats your favorite Bama win @ JHS

Which win at JHS is your favorite

• Total voters

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I guess to me its 2015 because I went, but the best win I would probably say either 1999, 2001, or 2009.

1999: Our First Win at Jerkin Hair

2001: Zow destroys Auburn

2009: The Drive

2011: Never Again

2015: Henry runs all over the Boom Bros

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
For me, it was 2015. Henry in beast mode was perfectly representative of what Alabama football is all about.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
1999. AU went up 14-6 and the "magic" of JHS was working. Then Shaun Alexander took over and won the game. I loved every minute of it. That team could have been much better than 10-3. I was at the La Tech debacle. No reason we should've lost that game. Dubose was a terrible coach (understatement of the year, I know).

ETA: Watched the video for the 1999 game. I forgot about Watts coming in the second half. Definitely a game changer.

Last edited:

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA
2009. Those booger-eating morons just knew that they were going to ruin our perfect season and derail our National Championship bid. However, McElroy, Upchurch, and the boys dug their heart out with a rusty spoon and showed it to them. If it can't be a blowout, I want it to be a spirit crushing, gut-wrenching, defeat-from-the-jaws-of-victory-loss that makes them want to burn every single orange and blue piece of clothing they have.

EscaTider

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2008
Flomaton, AL
For me it's 1999 since I was there, and it was the first win at JHS. It was so satisfying, especially when you take into account the way I was treated inside and outside of the stadium. We hear so much about class from the barn fans. Well, I saw it up close and personal that night...and I was WITH my barner brother in law.

Some highlights- a lady yells War Eagle! and spit right in my face outside the stadium after the game. I was hit in the back with a full, just opened beer- also after the game. A group of students attempted to pick my pocket- they did manage to take my shaker and program from me and destroy them. The family behind us made vile comments about breaking Tyler Watts legs, and doing worse to Shaun Alexander. There's more, but you get the picture. My disdain for that bunch has increased 10x since that night.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
2009. I was there at JH and at the start Aub was doing great and the crowd was dancing in the aisles. I got in on a worker pass and stood around watching the whole first half. An aub vip was nearby and he tried to have security remove me "for not working" (read: cheering for Bama). I told security I was there to reset the skyboxes at halftime and there were satisfied.

My buddy and I then left and went and watched the rest of the game from the Coke skybox. Good food and drink, but full of aubs who tried to give me a hard time as aub had the late lead. When we went ahead on that final drive (which I called the fake to Cody, then pass to a back for the TD), and couldn't core in their possession the aubs took off out of their like their arses were on fire. My friend and I hung out and ate, drank, and celebrated until the cleanup folks said we had to leave.

I liberated a bottle of scotch from the cabinet on my way out the door.

Last edited:

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
I just hope the get the cows out of the pasture today and get the cow pies up before our guys have to play on it.:biggrin2:

uofaJO1987

1st Team
Oct 25, 2011
Highland Home, AL
2001. We were given no chance to win the game. I remember Auburn driving down and scoring on their opening possession. My Auburn fan dad started yapping. It was their only score all day and we won 31-7.

WalkaboutSean

1st Team
Nov 23, 2010
2009. They threw everything at us, the stakes couldn't have been higher, and The Drive was an instant classic.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.