Question: How much “rat poison” has the Alabama media been feeding the awbrens?

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
Hoping they’ve really beat the drum of “Alabama is too injured”, “Alabama is trending downward”, “auburn is trending up”, “upset waiting to happen”, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Lots of "rat poison" in the media about Auburn. Then there is Gus to Arkie poison. I hope the Tigers are completely discombobulated, but I fear they will be focused knowing what is at stake. An epic game on Saturday.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think that it will have the opposite effect. It will make them more confident. Won't matter. Alabama wins.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Don't know any of their players but their fans have been eating it like M&Ms. One poor little Barner girl at our office went out the week after they beat UGA and made silly bets with every Alabama fan she could find.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I for one think Auburn is the greatest football team in the history of football and Bama has no chance of winning. AUburn just has to show up.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I think that it will have the opposite effect. It will make them more confident. Won't matter. Alabama wins.
^^This. Auburn is the Master of buying into their own hype whether it's internal or external. They will use it to the point of being brazenly emboldened by it.

I see them taking the field thinking they are world beaters......but leaving it realizing we are world eaters.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
You know what it reminds me of, the lead up to the NCG against Notre Dame. Bama didn’t have a chance against that great ND defense that hadn’t allowed a 75+ yard TD drive all year. They were going to shut Bama down and light up our secondary.

It is really starting to feel like that IMO. AU is now the media’s little darling. Bama’s injured defense doesn’t have a chance to stop the great Kerryon Johnson, who is now getting Heisman talk after he runs is over. (Fournette level hype now and what did Bama do to him 2 straight years) Stidham is now the lights out passer everyone was expecting and is going to shred our questionable secondary. If you listen to the media, Bama has no shot.

Ask ND how that turned out. The closer we get the more I feel like Bama will win big just to shut everyone up. The only wildcard IMO is the weird voodoo that happens in JHS.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
I had a feeling the local media would be stroking the awbrens hard, inflating that ego. Gonna be nice to crush it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
I hope they just keep it going, those rats will know what poison is when we get them on the field. I can hear that big trap SNAP on their necks. Like CrimsonNagus said above this is feeling familiar. The more they hype a Bama opponent the harder they fall.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I hope that Auburn are playing on emotions.... and make silly mistakes early on in the game. I'm suprised that they haven't talked trash or done anything to give Bama an advantage...

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Please tell me some aub has said the immortal phrase that kills "WE WANT BAMA".

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
I think It's affecting Auburn in a bad way because every time they're in spotlight, they tend to choke under Gus.
True. I respect the success of their program, especially having to exist in Bama's massive shadow. But they have rarely performed well under high expectations at any time in their history.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
You know what it reminds me of, the lead up to the NCG against Notre Dame. Bama didn’t have a chance against that great ND defense that hadn’t allowed a 75+ yard TD drive all year. They were going to shut Bama down and light up our secondary.

It is really starting to feel like that IMO. AU is now the media’s little darling. Bama’s injured defense doesn’t have a chance to stop the great Kerryon Johnson, who is now getting Heisman talk after he runs is over. (Fournette level hype now and what did Bama do to him 2 straight years) Stidham is now the lights out passer everyone was expecting and is going to shred our questionable secondary. If you listen to the media, Bama has no shot.

Ask ND how that turned out. The closer we get the more I feel like Bama will win big just to shut everyone up. The only wildcard IMO is the weird voodoo that happens in JHS.
You mean the voodoo that has produced a 9-8 record against P5 teams at JHS since 2014 ? Or the same voodoo that has hovered over Bama while she has won 3 of her last 4 at JHS ? The main reason AU has won games at JHS or anywhere else is because they've had good football teams. Yes, they've had a few unusual breaks, but so have many teams. Does anyone remember the incredible heart-breaking A&M loss at JHS in '14 ? They've had others.

As aside, though relevant: Even in the '13 UGA fluke game, AU had dominated that game and led by 20 with 10 min left in the game. If they had lost, it would have been an excruciating choke.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Wow, so I'm watching the Fox CFB pregame show (looking for Barner Rat Poison) and this Petros guy called Jarrett Stidham the best QB the SEC has to offer and that Jalen Hurts was just a running back.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Wow, so I'm watching the Fox CFB pregame show (looking for Barner Rat Poison) and this Petros guy called Jarrett Stidham the best QB the SEC has to offer and that Jalen Hurts was just a running back.
If someone said that, they are either an idiot or looking for this kind of response. Either way, the best thing to do is ignore it.

BamaGreek

All-American
Jan 6, 2007
Brentwood, TN
I was just going to post the same thing regarding what Papadakis of Fox just said. It's unreal how these national talking heads have no idea what they are talking about.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
I was watching that. He said Stidham is more "Dynamic". It depends how one describes dynamic. Hurts is a dynamic runner.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
I was just going to post the same thing regarding what Papadakis of Fox just said. It's unreal how these national talking heads have no idea what they are talking about.
True. Just like they used to say Zow was the running QB and Watts the passing QB, though they both could do both. I assume this was based on skin color.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.