4* WR Seth Williams commits to Auburn

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I saw on BOL that Seth committed today. Were we still on him? I hate to lose a local player, but in Saban I trust.

Mods-I looked for a thread on him but didn't see one.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I saw him play a couple times this year and frankly think that my hometown school's senior WR is better than him (Darius Nalls out of Fayette County). I'm no scout and their starting QB was knocked out at some point during the season too...but I thought he was just a really good player who could end up in the FBS not upper-tier SEC quality.

He made one catch on the sideline that I thought was impressive but Nalls could probably put together a 15 minute tape of catches where he's demonstrating far more advanced body control and use of his hands to grab the catch than Williams.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
With that said, PWBHS has slowly been building up their football program that has mostly been terrible since the school opened over a decade ago. This might be one of their first major conference signings in football. Can't be 100% sure about that but he's definitely one of a small few if not the only. Proud of the young man.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
They have had a lot of school zoning help with this. Northridge lost 4 of their 5 starters in basketball to PWBHS because of the zoning change. Next thing you see PWBHS playing in state basketball finals.

Tuscaloosa County Schools should be more competitive than they are right now due to all the districting changes. Central HS is a shell of its former self. TCHS is now playing in 7A in same region as Mtn Brook, Hoover, Vestavia, etc. They really need to drop down a classification.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

BamaHoHo

All-American
Aug 7, 2007
Coaling, Alabama, United States
They have had a lot of school zoning help with this. Northridge lost 4 of their 5 starters in basketball to PWBHS because of the zoning change. Next thing you see PWBHS playing in state basketball finals.

Tuscaloosa County Schools should be more competitive than they are right now due to all the districting changes. Central HS is a shell of its former self. TCHS is now playing in 7A in same region as Mtn Brook, Hoover, Vestavia, etc. They really need to drop down a classification.

Bryant won the 6A State Championship last year. I may be wrong but I think the rezoning was to make sure everybody was going to the school that they were supposed to. A lot of the kids at Northridge were supposed to be going to Central and Bryant.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

The Tuscaloosa County and Tuscaloosa City School System zoning overlaps really weaken teams too. Their ought to be an elite school or two in football but everything is so fragmented and kids can be zoned for either city or county which divides up the talent in a community.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I realize Bama isn't for everyone and there's nothing wrong with that. I'm just puzzled a WR would choose Auburn, with its lousy recent record of developing WRs. My Auburn friends have complained about WR play since Troopah was there.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
He is not in our top 3 targets at WR. He may be if we miss on our top 3 so we may come back around to Seth depending on what happens.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Perhaps Mr. Williams saw the playing time our Fr WRs have been getting and decided he didn't want the competition. We'll win with Mr. Williams or without.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
I saw him play a couple times this year and frankly think that my hometown school's senior WR is better than him (Darius Nalls out of Fayette County). I'm no scout and their starting QB was knocked out at some point during the season too...but I thought he was just a really good player who could end up in the FBS not upper-tier SEC quality.

He made one catch on the sideline that I thought was impressive but Nalls could probably put together a 15 minute tape of catches where he's demonstrating far more advanced body control and use of his hands to grab the catch than Williams.
I concur. Always thought the reason he was mentioned was because of the locality.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.