Game Thread: Alabama minnesota

carder24

All-American
Sep 1, 2007
Huntsville, AL
Since it was on our end of the court we don’t know because they weren’t on camera. But I bet they were.
I rewatched it a few times, there was one view where you could see their bench. they were relatively restrained but also separated at the far end of the court, one player maybe started to go but got held back; and I don’t know the exact rule, but technically a couple had feet on the court, but by no means heading toward the action

Watching highlights last night, saw that our 3 guys out scored them 30-22, amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
It was a disadvantage to Bama that the initial action took place right in front of the Bama bench. Much easier for Bama players to clearly see what was taking place and feel a need to step out and to react to that so in this way it was unfortunate for Bama. It looked like Minnesota had a coach jump out in front of the bench quickly to remind players to stay put.

Bama players learned from this and probably a lot of coaches and players from other teams as well. If coaches for other teams haven't covered this in detail with players, they will now.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I think that this will be one of those good losses when we look back. They got punched in the mouth a bunch, then started making a comeback when they adjusted their style....and that was before having to play with 3. I haven't searched for it yet, but am curious about Petty's ankle.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Bama is now 24 and Minny is 12. On a side note, Baylor has moved up to 16 as well.

As far as the SEC goes, its going to be a really competitive year. We currently have 4 teams in the top 25 and the only conference to have 3 in the top 10.

Glad to hear that Petty will be back sooner rather than later.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
If you haven't watched the game, I say go back and watch it ... all I can say is its impressive. 92Tide posted the link to it.

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
Not sure how to copy a tweet but someone asked who the best guard in college is and Damian Lillian said Sexton. Nice compliment from a top guard in the NBA.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Favorite part of that game to me? Was the same Minnesota players who took an awful lot of glee of watching the Bama bench being sent to the back had looks of befuddlement on their faces when they could not put Bama away. Minnesota did not win that game, they were merely ahead when time ran out. Man I hope Bama gets another shot at them this year, because I suspect the outcome will be different.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.