Question: Playoffs: Think we'll still get in?

Do we make the playoffs?

• Yes

Votes: 103 64.0%
  • No

Votes: 58 36.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I'm going to repost this here from the Peach Bowl topic:

Bama’s was the last game though. What is Bama’s best win?
LSU...who lost to Troy earlier in the season and was embarrassed by Mississippi State.

Mississippi State was the second best win.

Our third best win is Texas A&M and after that it may just be 7-5 Colorado State.

Our resume is pretty dang weak and it hurts us because I do think we're one of the four best football teams but we will have no division title, no conference title, and no really significant win to a national prognosticator. At least Ohio State had a win over OU last season. Where's our OU feather in the cap?

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
The committee isn’t going to say “Bama lost to Auburn...they don’t deserve it”, the committee is going to say, “Bama lost by 12 on the road to the number six team in America”
Thank God the committee isn’t a bunch of spoiled over demanding Bama fans. Otherwise we truly would be out. As it is, with people on the committee who actually have logic and some common sense, we have a chance. A slight one but a chance.
Spoiled.

Ha.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
We're in better shape than most think. Need Wisky to lose to tOSU of course, but that alone might be enough. Probably helps if AU really smokes UGA again. Of all the 1-loss teams we have the 'best loss' and no way any 2-loss team besides AU gets in.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
We're in better shape than most think. Need Wisky to lose to tOSU of course, but that alone might be enough. Probably helps if AU really smokes UGA again. Of all the 1-loss teams we have the 'best loss' and no way any 2-loss team besides AU gets in.
Yea, I think we get in over Ohio State but I'm not 100% sure on that. And, I think they are likely to beat Wisky. The question will be if the committee give Ohio State a ton of credit for beating Wisconsin.

This is all FSU's fault. If we didn't knock their QB out then I think we would be in fantastic shape.

TrueBamafan

Scout Team
Nov 13, 2004
That should be enough to put Bama back in just as long as they don't drop Bama behind Notre Dame :). No way 2 2-loss teams get in, if they do they better rework the whole system.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina

LSU...who lost to Troy earlier in the season and was embarrassed by Mississippi State.

Our third best win is Texas A&M and after that it may just be 7-5 Colorado State.

Our resume is pretty dang weak and it hurts us because I do think we're one of the four best football teams but we will have no division title, no conference title, and no really significant win to a national prognosticator. At least Ohio State had a win over OU last season. Where's our OU feather in the cap?

Anybody want to play LSU right now, or would Syracuse be a tougher game?

MobileCrimson

1st Team
Feb 27, 2014
That should be enough to put Bama back in just as long as they don't drop Bama behind Notre Dame :). No way 2 2-loss teams get in, if they do they better rework the whole system.
Notre Dame is losing 38-20 to Stanford so no worry there.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I know a lot of y'all - understandably! - tune out most sports media, but the weakness of our resume has been a talking point for weeks. There will be intense pressure for the committee to leave us out.

TrueBamafan

Scout Team
Nov 13, 2004
There might be pressure to leave Bama out but let's say the poll is this way Tuesday night. 1.Clemson 2. Oklahoma 3. Wisconsin 4. Auburn 5.Georgia 6.Miami. 7. Bama. 8. Ohio State

Next week if the barn beat Georgia. Clemson beat Miami. Ohio state beat Wisconsin. What does the committee do. Do they put 2 2 loss teams in the playoffs or do they put Wisconsin in to keep bama from going.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think the perfect scenario would be:

1) tOSU to beat Whisky
2) TCU to beat OU
3) Auburn to beat UGA
4) Stanford to beat USC
5) Clemson to beat Miami
6) Fresno to beat Boise again

We are IN in that scenario

But what we should be watching for to see if we have a realistic chance is where we and the 3 other teams in contention (tosu, TCU, and USC) are on Tuesday. If tOSU or TCU are ahead of us then forget about the playoffs, but if only one is ahead of us then we need both to win Saturday.

I think we should know our fate on Tuesday, but I think at a minimum we need Auburn and either tosu or TCU to win Saturday to have a chance.

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia

Fresno State beat Boise State today and is now 9-3 overall with a 7-1 Mountain West record. Better than Colorado State win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.