Link: SEC fines Auburn $250K after fans storm field

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
This kind of celebration I get. Toilet paper celebrations - not so much.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
We don't do it (and we shouldn't) because we're expected to win. But for other teams, it's the thing to do.

I'm sure Auburn said it was worth the $250G to them. If I was an Auburn fan, I probably would have stormed the field as well.

tmv85

All-SEC
Not really related to the fine, but following the Georgia game, I was talking to a barner friend of mine at church. Her husband works for the barn grounds department and was involved in trying to save, then remove the poisoned oaks, and in planting the new ones (both times.) She said he was furious because the new trees are not supposed to be rolled, yet they were. I tried to act appalled, but inside I was thinking if they didn't have such an idiotic tradition, they'd still have their original trees. I saw a couple of pictures posted from last night, and without spending a great deal of time studying them, I couldn't tell if the new trees had been rolled again, but I hope they were.

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
Have a bil that'll prob pay the fine for them outta his pocket and be fine with it. As for tmv's friends hubby being mad...makes sense...trees were dying from the pressure washing before the updyke ground poisoning. When these start going down hill...they'll find another way to blame big brother.

tmv85

All-SEC
Have a bil that'll prob pay the fine for them outta his pocket and be fine with it. As for tmv's friends hubby being mad...makes sense...trees were dying from the pressure washing before the updyke ground poisoning. When these start going down hill...they'll find another way to blame big brother.

Yep...if these trees don't make it, it will be Bama's fault somehow. I did see a picture a bit ago that looks like the new trees had the heck rolled out of them. Go figure...

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
And meanwhile in Baton Rouge, our band gets fined for playing a song where the students interject vulgarities. So, they stopped playing it until OBJ showed up last night and climbed into the student section. He told the band director he would pay the fine and they played the song after the game ended. No idea how much the fine will be.

before you cast stones at LSU students, there’s a reason Dixieland Delight doesn’t get played anymore in BD, and it’s for the same reason. I hate it for both schools, but apparently 18-23 year olds don’t care. Millennials...

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
This kind of celebration I get. Toilet paper celebrations - not so much.
For an agricultural college, they sure are hard their flora over there. First the TC trees and now they destroyed the hedges around the field last night.

I suppose the TP abuse can be explained away as job secruity for the paper timber industry.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Did they already win the National Title???? silly aubs this is why they lose to UGA in SEC,they spent all they had to beat us and now think they are champs. Like 2010, all aubs talk about 2010 is Cam beating us, hardly mention the NC they won LOL This is why they win a title so rarely, they only live to beat us.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
The home fans or any other fans should NOT be on the field of play at the end of a game. Players are TIRED and upset with a loss in a HEATED rivalry and THINGS can happen. I don't think $250,000 is enough of a fine where billionaires may bail the school out. Place the FINE at such a high amount that even a billionaire would NOT want to pull that amount out of their pocket/s.

I just think it shows a LACK of CLASS on the part of a teams' fan base!!!!!!! Look also at those destroyed hedges. Who are they going to blame that on? Bama?

There is a Good, Bad, and Ugly thread after games. There is nothing good about fans being on the field after a game. It can only be BAD (real BAD) and can get very UGLY. If there happened to be an altercation between a fan and an opposing player, it is the home school's FAULT for creating this situation!

tmv85

All-SEC
One of my barner friends was griping about how stupid the fine is. I commented about how this isn't a new rule and how I would think the SEC office has this in place as a cover their butts policy because in today's litigious world, somebody would get injured or worse, and then there would be a lawsuit because the school didn't do enough to protect the fans. Another of her friends chimed in and said the fines aren't working, so out of curiosity, I did a quick little Internet search. Saturdays Down South did an article last August listing the LAST time each SEC school was guilty of storming the field. Every school except Bama and Florida was listed, going back to UT in 1998. The policy was put in place in 2004 (I think.) In 2014, FIVE SEC schools were guilty of storming the field and were fined under the original policy. In the spring of 2015, the fines were increased (50K for first violation, 100K for second. 250K for third and subsequent violations.) Since that time, the ONLY schools guilty of violating the policy are the barn and Vandy (storming the B'ball couet last season.) Not only that, but the barn has violated it TWICE -- B'ball win over UK last year and again last night. So yeah, the policy does seem to be working, except down at the loveliest village. Funny...neither my friend or her friend have replied to those facts.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I get it if it something crazy at the last second like the kick six, but the game was pretty much over by the middle of the fourth quarter.

Barners gonna barn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.