Please Help, VolNation Fan Board in Massive Meltdown

M2J

All-American
Jan 28, 2007
I know they’re not listening, so I’ll say it— at this point in time, I think Kevin Sumlin would be a great choice for Tennessee. Being a great recruiter is key to being successful on Rocky Top and Sumlin fits that bill.

I'd agree. Especially within the situation they're in right now. They will absolutely not get the sexy hire right now. They better go to practical and safe one

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
And to think their problems all began with a hack coach wanting to cripple Alabama so he could keep beating us....the irony is too delicious and watching this dumpster fire is nothing short of hilarious.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Flame away, I don’t find this funny at all. Kudos to the Vol fans for nixing the hire and what is Urban Meyer thinking having this guy on his staff if Schiano was part of the cover up?

cindym

All-SEC
Oct 14, 2009
saraland, al
Daaang they have gone completely over the edge they actually have a post asking for Kiffin again!!! Do they forget they ran him out of town ? Boy this is getting good!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Daaang they have gone completely over the edge they actually have a post asking for Kiffin again!!! Do they forget they ran him out of town ? Boy this is getting good!
They didn't run him out of town - he ran out of town on his way to USC. IMO, they could do a lot worse than Kiffin. I wouldn't want him at Alabama or OSU, but TN needs someone with bravado.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
You obviously were not around when Alabama had the "fax for Dubose" hire, not social media but you get the point.
Don't recall that, but it doesn't matter. If you're the AD and you think a coach is the right pick, then you make it. The fans aren't getting paid to run the athletic department.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
They didn't run him out of town - he ran out of town on his way to USC. IMO, they could do a lot worse than Kiffin. I wouldn't want him at Alabama or OSU, but TN needs someone with bravado.
And, you can't blame Kiffin for leaving to take his dream job.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I don't wish to sound like Greg Schiano's agent here but......those of you who are condemning this man (or ANYONE) without anything other than hearsay......I seriously hope I'm never in a jury trial that you sit upon.

Is he a bad hire? Yes (which admittedly is why I as a Tide fan love it).

But "he covered up for a pedophile" is one of the absolute worst things you can say about somebody, and there OUGHT to be a standard of actual evidence before you SAY such a thing, too.

"Well, McQueary said..."????

If you actually know anything about the story (speaking of condemning people), the very source who said this, well, let's just take a look at HIS credibility:

McQueary told the jury that he was at home, in bed, watching the film "Rudy," when he decided to go to the football team building. He said he walked into the support staff locker room to put away a pair of new sneakers and, as he opened the door, he heard the noise.

"Very much skin-on-skin smacking sound," he said. "I immediately became alert and was kind of embarrassed that I was walking in on something."

He said that he turned and glanced over his right shoulder at a mirror that had a 45-degree angle and saw Sandusky "standing behind a boy who was propped up against a wall." He estimated the boy to be 10 to 12 years old.

He said that the "boy's hands (were) up on the wall. The glance would have taken only one or two seconds. I immediately turned back to my locker to make sure I saw what I saw."

Then he put his shoes in the locker and slammed it shut, hard.

"I made the loud noise in an attempt to say 'Someone's here! Break it up!"' McQueary said.

When asked what he saw, McQueary said "the defendant's midsection was moving" subtly.

He said he then went upstairs to his office.

So let's see.....the very source of the "Greg Schiano knew about this" not only KNEW about this but DIDN'T STOP IT when he came in and actually saw it with his own two eyes.....

Indeed, he has EVERY REASON to lie and say this to make himself look less like a schmuck....

Maybe McQueary is telling the truth. Maybe Schiano is.

How do you decide that one?

Look, Schiano is a one-hit wonder and not that good a head coach, okay? That's true of lots of guys (Dan Henning and Mike Dubious come to mind - good coordinators, horrible head coaches). If Vols fans are rejecting THAT then fine.

But don't just make up stuff via innuendo. At least have some common decency about you.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Flame away, I don’t find this funny at all. Kudos to the Vol fans for nixing the hire and what is Urban Meyer thinking having this guy on his staff if Schiano was part of the cover up?
Was he?

This is an incredible assumption folks. I mean, an AMAZING assumption.

It ranks right up there with "NFL quarterback Jack Kemp is gay," an allegation made because in 1967 he invested in Lake Tahoe ski lodge that just happened to be owned by a gay man (remember - I said 1967, a whole different world). Kemp had never even BEEN to the lodge, never been to the wild parties that were documented to be going on, he was simply investing in real estate. But the guy ran for President in 1988 and sure enough news organizations had to run stories about Kemp's sexuality, keeping the story in the news while saying over and over that "there's no evidence Kemp is gay," I mean, what a great service to the public, eh?

The fact there was not one shred of evidence other than the loosest connection was overlooked.

Give me something substantial on Schiano besides "I heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who heard it from another...."

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I don't wish to sound like Greg Schiano's agent here but......those of you who are condemning this man (or ANYONE) without anything other than hearsay......I seriously hope I'm never in a jury trial that you sit upon.

Is he a bad hire? Yes (which admittedly is why I as a Tide fan love it).

But "he covered up for a pedophile" is one of the absolute worst things you can say about somebody, and there OUGHT to be a standard of actual evidence before you SAY such a thing, too.

"Well, McQueary said..."????

If you actually know anything about the story (speaking of condemning people), the very source who said this, well, let's just take a look at HIS credibility:

McQueary told the jury that he was at home, in bed, watching the film "Rudy," when he decided to go to the football team building. He said he walked into the support staff locker room to put away a pair of new sneakers and, as he opened the door, he heard the noise.

"Very much skin-on-skin smacking sound," he said. "I immediately became alert and was kind of embarrassed that I was walking in on something."

He said that he turned and glanced over his right shoulder at a mirror that had a 45-degree angle and saw Sandusky "standing behind a boy who was propped up against a wall." He estimated the boy to be 10 to 12 years old.

He said that the "boy's hands (were) up on the wall. The glance would have taken only one or two seconds. I immediately turned back to my locker to make sure I saw what I saw."

Then he put his shoes in the locker and slammed it shut, hard.

"I made the loud noise in an attempt to say 'Someone's here! Break it up!"' McQueary said.

When asked what he saw, McQueary said "the defendant's midsection was moving" subtly.

He said he then went upstairs to his office.

So let's see.....the very source of the "Greg Schiano knew about this" not only KNEW about this but DIDN'T STOP IT when he came in and actually saw it with his own two eyes.....

Indeed, he has EVERY REASON to lie and say this to make himself look less like a schmuck....

Maybe McQueary is telling the truth. Maybe Schiano is.

How do you decide that one?

Look, Schiano is a one-hit wonder and not that good a head coach, okay? That's true of lots of guys (Dan Henning and Mike Dubious come to mind - good coordinators, horrible head coaches). If Vols fans are rejecting THAT then fine.

But don't just make up stuff via innuendo. At least have some common decency about you.
Was he?

This is an incredible assumption folks. I mean, an AMAZING assumption.

It ranks right up there with "NFL quarterback Jack Kemp is gay," an allegation made because in 1967 he invested in Lake Tahoe ski lodge that just happened to be owned by a gay man (remember - I said 1967, a whole different world). Kemp had never even BEEN to the lodge, never been to the wild parties that were documented to be going on, he was simply investing in real estate. But the guy ran for President in 1988 and sure enough news organizations had to run stories about Kemp's sexuality, keeping the story in the news while saying over and over that "there's no evidence Kemp is gay," I mean, what a great service to the public, eh?

The fact there was not one shred of evidence other than the loosest connection was overlooked.

Give me something substantial on Schiano besides "I heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who heard it from another...."
I haven’t even read the posts I’m quoting other than to get the gist. If Schiano has been cleared then great. However, I don’t want anyone connected with Paterno on Alabama’s campus. Neither do Vol fans.

I’ll read your post later, time for work now. I’m reasonably certain I will not disagree with anything you have to offer.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.