Please Help, VolNation Fan Board in Massive Meltdown

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
You won with Lane staying, distracted as he might have been. You lost after he left.
And if he hadn't been so distracted he wouldn't have had to leave at that juncture. Lane didn't coach defense. We lost to Clemson on the final drive on defense.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
And if he hadn't been so distracted he wouldn't have had to leave at that juncture. Lane didn't coach defense. We lost to Clemson on the final drive on defense.
I was just messing around. Clemson broke my heart that night, too.

RobK

All-SEC
Aug 27, 2004
Holts Summit, MO
knodell.blog-city.com
It isn't as if the Tennessee job was hot a commodity to begin with. Gruden was never taking it. Mullen strung them along until he could get Florida on the hook. It simply isn't a tier one destination job...at least right now. Now, throw in the fact that Currie pulled the rug out from under Schiano after reaching an agreement while caving to fan pressure (right or wrong). I don't see how an AD survives that. How can any coach believe he'll have their back?

You have to think Tennessee either has to reach pretty far down the food chain for a coach or keep it in the family (Cutcliffe, Tee Martin, etc.).

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Folks,

Never doubt the omnipotence of the REC.

The loss on Saturday was to rope Auburn into over-paying for Gus by several million dollars.

The plan is all going according to plan.

I'm sworn to silence regarding the rest.

Roll Tide.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
We live in a politically correct society that demands that we treat the accused as guilty. That is wrong. I do not support it. But I do understand it. I see it as weakness in the face of bullies.
It's not that simple - he could very well be guilty and of what he was accused of, and for some people, that's enough to avoid him. That's not PC, it's not weakness, it's simply acknowledging that there are likely other people with equal credentials that don't have that potential baggage.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
It's not that simple - he could very well be guilty and of what he was accused of, and for some people, that's enough to avoid him. That's not PC, it's not weakness, it's simply acknowledging that there are likely other people with equal credentials that don't have that potential baggage.
With all that is falling apart at UT why bring in a coach who has any baggage to add to that dumpster fire. They need a coach who is clean and decent. Try to get back to beating anyone. Then try to hire a good coach when there are not so many job openings. This year there are so many better jobs open, UT's pickins are slim. To many decent jobs coaches can take right now, why go to UT. They will probably settle on Tee Martin, good luck with that UT bahahahhaa another 11 yrs before they beat Bama.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
2 part answer:

First, you or I could be guilty of child molestation. I mean, all we have to do is have someone say that they heard someone else say it. It is now something that you or I have to live with for the rest of our lives, because you can never disprove something like that and it is a stink that will never come off. And now no one hires us because of this false accusation. But that is okay because you come with "potential baggage".

Just hope that you are never accused of something. Today, you are guilty. Period. No proof necessary. Your life is over.

Second, if they hire someone with equal credentials - they won't. They are going to hire someone with worse credentials now because no one is going to go near them after they did this to Schiano. But he won't come with "potential baggage", so there's that.

Have you seen the number or coaches who have come out in support of Schiano? I mean guys like Belichik - coming forward in support of him.

Schiano is going to get paid and the Vols are going to wander in the wilderness because of this.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Well I’ll say this, as an Alabama alumnus I’m not impressed with Schiano as a football coach. Good hire.

As a UT alumnus, I don’t want anyone who was on the staff at PSU when crimes were being committed to be hired in any capacity at UT.

barrytide

BamaNation Citizen
May 3, 2011
Havana,IL
Love a University that brings Fulmer in to consult, because he obviously ran a clean program while he was there. Just payed a title IX victim 2.5 mil to settle a sexual assault by football player covered up by the beacon on the hill athletic department. Yeah, we all believe that Schiano definitely wasn't hired due to his broken moral compass. Not trying to justify child molestation here, I just don't buy the moral BS tin-r-c is trying to pile on me. Gruden ain't comeing

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
2 part answer:

First, you or I could be guilty of child molestation. I mean, all we have to do is have someone say that they heard someone else say it. It is now something that you or I have to live with for the rest of our lives, because you can never disprove something like that and it is a stink that will never come off. And now no one hires us because of this false accusation. But that is okay because you come with "potential baggage".

Just hope that you are never accused of something. Today, you are guilty. Period. No proof necessary. Your life is over.

Second, if they hire someone with equal credentials - they won't. They are going to hire someone with worse credentials now because no one is going to go near them after they did this to Schiano. But he won't come with "potential baggage", so there's that.

Have you seen the number or coaches who have come out in support of Schiano? I mean guys like Belichik - coming forward in support of him.

Schiano is going to get paid and the Vols are going to wander in the wilderness because of this.
I don't disagree with any of this, but it doesn't change anything regarding how I feel about my school. The reality is neither of us know if he's guilty or not - he's certainly not going to confess if he is. But wrt this particular crime, if someone is accused of it, I'd prefer my school look elsewhere.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Well I’ll say this, as an Alabama alumnus I’m not impressed with Schiano as a football coach. Good hire.

As a UT alumnus, I don’t want anyone who was on the staff at PSU when crimes were being committed to be hired in any capacity at UT.
Sorry, didn't realize that you were also a UT alumnus. I would have read your posts differently had I known.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.