Please Help, VolNation Fan Board in Massive Meltdown

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I don't disagree with any of this, but it doesn't change anything regarding how I feel about my school. The reality is neither of us know if he's guilty or not - he's certainly not going to confess if he is. But wrt this particular crime, if someone is accused of it, I'd prefer my school look elsewhere.
And I am glad that my school is above such PC nonsense. We will just have to agree to disagree here.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Weird that so many in the national media are defending Schiano in this yet were quick to call for Jonathan Taylor's dismissal from Alabama even though the victim in his case recanted and admitted to making up the accusations.

Not much of a difference.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Sorry, didn't realize that you were also a UT alumnus. I would have read your posts differently had I known.

No apology necessary at all. We just view this from two different angles. My opinion is just a sample of one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Weird that so many in the national media are defending Schiano in this yet were quick to call for Jonathan Taylor's dismissal from Alabama even though the victim in his case recanted and admitted to making up the accusations.

Not much of a difference.
I agree - the media is very fickle. But some people in the media were responsible for the storm that led to Schiano's dismissal. Clay Travis was tweeting out the cell numbers of TN officials so fans could blow up their phones.

Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA
I had another thought about this. Let's say they announce a "no name" coach, like someone from a lower division or whatnot, that their fans aren't happy about. Except this time, unlike with Schiano, there's no controversy in his history.

Will they still protest?

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
I had another thought about this. Let's say they announce a "no name" coach, like someone from a lower division or whatnot, that their fans aren't happy about. Except this time, unlike with Schiano, there's no controversy in his history.

Will they still protest?

You're darn tootn' they will.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee

Will they still protest?
They wil complain but not to the point of refusing the coach.

I don’t ever recall a fan base overturning a coaching hire. Is this unprecedented?

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
No opinion on Schiano either way, but if an AD and University President cow tow to social media posters who have nothing else to do then they deserve whatever they get. OTOH, this is great opportunity to fire Currie and bring in Fulmer, again they get what they deserve.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
They wil complain but not to the point of refusing the coach.

I don’t ever recall a fan base overturning a coaching hire. Is this unprecedented?
The Hamilton Tigercats of the CFL hired Art Briles, who never coached because of the backlash earlier this year.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013

Will they still protest?
Good question.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
No opinion on Schiano either way, but if an AD and University President cow tow to social media posters who have nothing else to do then they deserve whatever they get. OTOH, this is great opportunity to fire Currie and bring in Fulmer, again they get what they deserve.
Guilty or not, this just exposes the serious lack of due diligence by the UT search team/AD. Any time you make a hire that is going to be a significant leader you have to certainly take into consideration whether the candidate will be embraced by the team and its constituents. Correct, they cant bend completely to the will of the masses but you have to consider it because ultimately its their support that makes the program a success. We got into a similar mess because we didnt do enough due diligence on Price. If you are looking at Schiano as a candidate excluding his affiliation with PSU during this time, there are literally 50 other candidates with equal to better resumes that probably should be considered. I am utterly amazed that Les Miles has not been mentioned as a viable candidate... The people running this search have no clue what they are doing...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.