Please Help, VolNation Fan Board in Massive Meltdown

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Hahaha. Man, this is going to ease the pain of us not making the playoff.

I’m already looking forward to SEC Media Days. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not over just yet bro. It does not get any better though than seeing the debacle taking place up on ole Rocky Top.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Jesus Christ, get ready for this disgusting subhuman to return to the scene. Think he won't be in the spotlight more than whatever coach he hires?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
My boss sent me a text few minutes ago (lives just outside of Knoxville)

Him: "Gees. What in the world do you do with the dumpster fire going on in Knoxville?"

Me: "Probably throw a few more logs on it and make s'mores?"

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
So Phat Phil may be back. Remember the story of the snake imploring to be let inside for the warmth and once inside bit the person who let them in? Well said the snake, you knew what I was before you let me in.

Fulmer wanted the AD job before Currie was hired and has done everything he can to undermine Currie. TN would do much better with Blackburn, the son, who was the former UT Chattanooga AD before he went to a bigger school in Texas. Now would be the time to bring him to Knoxville. He is well liked there, is great at fund raising and does not act like a snake in the grass.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Just watched Phat Phil's and the UT chancellor's press conference - thought Phatty was gonna pull a donut (or a whole meatloaf) from inside of his jacket at the beginning. Truly.

The body language of the Chancellor is quite amusing. She says she gave Currie full authority to find a coach and then undermined him by "suspending" him after he contacted Leach. Her response to the first question about that shows that she is totally uncomfortable with what she did and/or the situation she is in with Phatty.

Also, could someone get Phatty some glasses that actually fit?

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I was slowly starting to get to like TN again. They seemed to be distancing themselves from Fulmer, and it was Fulmer that I detested, not TN. But now that they have done all of this as well as bringing Fulmer back into the fold, I think that I am forced to start thinking of them as detestable again.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Maybe I am reading too much into this because of my disdain for Fulmer, but did it seem that the Chancellor appeared to be under duress during the presser? Maybe under duress is a bit strong, but it seemed that she was told by someone this is what you are going to do and this is what you are going to say about Fulmer. My point is, was it truly her decision to elevate him or did TPTB force this on her?

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Maybe I am reading too much into this because of my disdain for Fulmer, but did it seem that the Chancellor appeared to be under duress during the presser? Maybe under duress is a bit strong, but it seemed that she was told by someone this is what you are going to do and this is what you are going to say about Fulmer. My point is, was it truly her decision to elevate him or did TPTB force this on her?
The chairman of UT’s BOT is the governor of Tennessee. Who just happens to be Jimmy Haslam’s brother.

FWIW, the governor is term limited out of office next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.