Pruitt Interviews with Mississippi State (Hires Joe Moorhead Penn St OC)

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Re: Pruitt possibly to Mississippi State

What I'm not sure about is whether Moorhead made Trace McSorley and Saquon Barkley look good the past two seasons or vice versa.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
I'm not convinced that Tennessee is more appealing than MSU these days. Seriously.
Coaches probably see MSU as more stable, as Mullen left the program in pretty good shape; and, for the most part, they've been winning lately. And, the head coach just got a bump to the Florida gig. All of that spells opportunity for the right coach.

UT . . . last two coaches fired. Dumpster fire of a program. Some talent there; but unrealistic expectations from their fanbase.

Yeah, I could understand coaches seeing MSU as the more appealing job right now.

TUSCALOOSAHONOR

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2014
Slocomb, Al
www.facebook.com
Here is how my insider told me the Pruitt interview went
"Really good interview. You are high on our list. Let's check out your last game tape vs auburn.... Oh... What... How did.... Is blitzing all 11 players legal?... The concept of leaving the middle of the field open to make auburn believe the middle of the field is open is genius???... You do know what zone coverage is right???... Well that was interesting... We'll call you". Whispers to secretary "Get plan b on the phone "
(Blue font)

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
Re: Pruitt Interviews with Mississippi State

I think this is actually a low-key great hire by MSU. Not sure if the guy can recruit but in terms of scheme and getting something out of the talent they have now he seems like a fairly seamless transition.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Re: Pruitt Interviews with Mississippi State

Kinda figured they would go with an offensive minded HC on this one. Pruitt will get his chance though. I don't think it will be FSU unless all of their A options fall through. Wouldn't be surprised to see them go after Petrino or even Kiffin if the spot does become open.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Coaches probably see MSU as more stable, as Mullen left the program in pretty good shape; and, for the most part, they've been winning lately. And, the head coach just got a bump to the Florida gig. All of that spells opportunity for the right coach.

UT . . . last two coaches fired. Dumpster fire of a program. Some talent there; but unrealistic expectations from their fanbase.

Yeah, I could understand coaches seeing MSU as the more appealing job right now.
Right now UT is the last SEC team anyone wants to coach. They are as bad as Vandy, and 100 times more behind the scenes mess. Right now UT has to be the worst SEC team out there. Arky is 1-7 in conference UT 0-8 both 4-8 over all. UT by all measures is the worst team in SEC and most definitely has more issues than all other SEC teams. I say this with this in mind, purely HYPOTHETICAL, put Saban at UT or ARKY, where could he win more and faster??? ARKY hands down. I think even Saban would have a hard time getting recruits to UT as they are 4 yrs from a winning record in the SEC. They may get 6 wins in season but to get 4 SEC wins in a year is a long way off, even with others struggling.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.