Where does Petrino end up in all of this?

pigsinspace

1st Team
Jan 26, 2011
All I can say is ol Gus needs to get out while the getting is good. If he somehow comes up short next year on some key games, the masses will be calling for his head again. Just don't see why he would stay in a scenario like that. JMO.
A lot will depend on what his rent a QB does. If Stidham decides that his stretch run warrants a shot at the NFL, then Gus will have to find another graduate free agent or they will be in trouble again. The prospect of a so-so year with that fan base breathing down his neck may send Gus elsewhere.

squeally dan

Scout Team
Sep 29, 2008
All I can say is ol Gus needs to get out while the getting is good. If he somehow comes up short next year on some key games, the masses will be calling for his head again. Just don't see why he would stay in a scenario like that. JMO.
I don't think that is enough to scare him off. He is likely to get a raise after this year and if they fire him in a year or 2, he will still likely get paid a huge buyout.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I hear Jeff Brohm might be a possibility. He's an up and comer, but that hasn't worked lately for the Vawls. Think they resort to coming after Bill Clark ?

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
I have to wonder if Tee Martin is the best they can do with Fulmer as AD.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.