an Awburn coworker thoughts about their injured RBs

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
There has always been “home cooking” from the officials down on the pasture for years. It isn’t a joke when they say you are down 7-0 when you get off the bus...

Did officiating cost us this game? IMHO Hell yeah. But we get dealt the same crumby hand almost every game we play by the zebras, and by now should expect it. They didn’t make The OC call the majority up the middle runs between injured tackles for minimal gains. They didn’t make him call mostly slow developing deep pass plays that allowed our beat O line to collapse waiting for them to develop (even though the WR’s were getting basically tackled or mugged on their routes, and the zebras weren’t calling it most of the time)...it should be expected the barn would push to take what the zebras would give them....They didn’t make the OC go from attacking the edges and moving the ball, to back running the above mentioned play calls. I believe the cause of the loss is looking Bama in the mirror, and I believe, IMO, the majority of the blame falls on the OC. I had hoped the MSU game would have enlightened our offensive scheme for the barn at least a little, but I guess not. Flame away....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
I don't think the tackle on Martin was a deliberate shot at his ankle; it just got caught with our two guy sliding on top of him. I do think Rashan could've let off of Stidham helmet a little sooner than he did, and I believe it extended a field goal drive for Auburn. If you watch the replay there was an extra wrench of the arms as they were coming to a shot. Their back end low block to Hootie's knee was obviously deliberate as well.

I don't see how anyone would want to attend an Iron Bowl at Auburn, however, I'm glad some do so the team won't feel all alone there.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Honestly, I felt like we got a LOT of breaks in this game. We realistically (at least for this last game) can't even begin to blame the refs for this one. We just got beat. That happens sometimes. It's ok. Something good will come from it.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
IMHO -- the ref's didn't beat us, we beat ourselves with a poor game plan (on both sides) and poor execution. We got beat...time to man up, examine it and move on. The "blame the ref's" game is for losers and whiners...

Mke4Bama

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2006
Cullman (Good Hope)
When it comes to co-workers of the barnyard variety, I have found that a good defense is a good offense. case in point, yesterday morning, I got to work,(I work with Aub grad engineers), and said,"Man, losing sux, how do you guys get so used to it." Not a word.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
When it comes to co-workers of the barnyard variety, I have found that a good defense is a good offense. case in point, yesterday morning, I got to work,(I work with Aub grad engineers), and said,"Man, losing sux, how do you guys get so used to it." Not a word.
Nice. :pDT_Armataz_02_44:

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
After watching the game in Denver at a Bama pub, we made it back to the Springs and stopped at the Taco Bell. I was wearing my Bama jersey.

This huge guy (not intimidating because he was heavy more than anything) wearing a blue and orange sweatshirt smirked to me: "Why are you wearing that jersey after getting beat today?"

I said "why not?" ... he said nothing for a second. Then says, "well I'm not a fan of either team."

And then I asked "why would you even ask such a thing if that's the case?"

I had a few choice words for him that I won't repeat here and he broke off eye contact and started fiddling with his smart phone.

I wasn't terribly upset after the game -- we got beat -- when that happens I can generally be stoic but man this guy really burned me up. In the middle of Colorado? lol Anyways, most Auburn fans/friends I know (at least out here and those I served with) are fantastic people. I suppose there are jerks of every stripe though in ever corner of the world. In a way, I am happy for my friends who get to experience a big win but that's about it. I can't be happy for jack-wagons like this guy no matter what.
Guy was probably feeling his 'Weed'...

pigsinspace

1st Team
Jan 26, 2011
I tried to talk football with auburn fans, then I realized they talk football like they play it, NOT TO GOOD. I avoid football talk with aubs now. Had one semi friend who is aub ask me why I talk football with other fans and not him. I asked him did he want the truth, he said sure. I said cause you do not understand the game at all. ALL you know is aubie bias crap. You lose , refs took it others cheated. You win and it is all due to superior players and coaching. YOU never talk about football itself, just whine when you lose and brag when you win. I told him to check bama forums after bama win and see how many bama fans even in a win find the errors we made. Then try it on aub forums. GET IT COOTER? He no longer even tries to engage in football talk, mission accomplished LOL
Remember the Pat Dye quote about Bama fans loving football and Auburn fans loving Auburn? I turn that against them by pointing out that Bama fans know more about the game than Auburn fans.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
In 2013 I remember congratulating a Barner on their victory. The guy then proceed on 3 minute rant about the arrogance of Alabama fans. I stood there, listened and when he finished I simply said “Wow. I am glad Auburn won. I would have hated to have seen how mad you would have been if Auburn lost.”

Earlier this week, I offered congrats to another Auburn fan. I even made the statement they outplayed Alabama and were the better team on Saturday. Without even a thank you, this person launches into an “Alabama cheats, gets away with penalties and plays dirty.”

I paused for a second and asked “Do you want to why Alabama fans refer to Auburn as “the little brother”? This exact reason. You can’t be happy even in victory. When you lose, it isn’t because the better team won that day. It is because the other did something illegal or immoral to gain an advantage. When you win it bothers you that Alabama is still Alabama and Auburn isn’t. When you whine when you lose, you look petty. When you whine when you win, you look like a petulant child.”

Last edited:

Tider6972

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 21, 2000
Montgomery, Al USA
I showed the pic of JC getting literally knocked out of the game to an auburn co-worker, he said the player should have to sit next we/ek if Gus had any integrity. I told him the guy will play for sure. He said I was right. He hates Gus and wants him to go to Arkie.
Can you post / share that photo please ??

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.